BGR Exclusive: Verizon Wireless 2010/2011 roadmap!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Global does not mean LTE, it means GSM quad-band and CDMA since we here on Verizon are using an "outdated" lower-frequency network.

WE are on an outdated network? That is depressing...
AT&T is running GSM, Verizon is running CDMA. Other than incompatibility and the impossibility of using our phones on another carrier's network, how does our service stack up against theirs?

CDMA uses a lower-frequency signal than GSM. In areas where there are obstructions or the signal needs to carry further, CDMA is actually better -- however, GSM carries more data per cycle. It's like the move from 900Mhz cordless phones to 2.4Ghz. Remember how much further we used to be able to go with our old clunky cordless phones? Same deal.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Global does not mean LTE, it means GSM quad-band and CDMA since we here on Verizon are using an "outdated" lower-frequency network.

WE are on an outdated network? That is depressing...
AT&T is running GSM, Verizon is running CDMA. Other than incompatibility and the impossibility of using our phones on another carrier's network, how does our service stack up against theirs?

CDMA uses a lower-frequency signal than GSM. In areas where there are obstructions or the signal needs to carry further, CDMA is actually better -- however, GSM carries more data per cycle. It's like the move from 900Mhz cordless phones to 2.4Ghz. Remember how much further we used to be able to go with our old clunky cordless phones? Same deal.
Well im up by a mountain... Az is just full of them. Im sure i wont be on the LTE plan still 2012 lol. im Just fine with cdma if it reaches farther.

FHD

Reaction score
FRG01B Heating issue

I upgraded my un-rooted phone to the FRG01B last week off of google's servers. My phone gets too hot during a phone call and specially during data activity. Is that issue solved in the latest version of FRG01B ?

Eschy

Reaction score
Im hoping these specs are wrong although 1.3 ghz is fast im looking for the 2 ghz moto had promised by the end of the year. although it wont surprise me if we dont see it because motorola hasnt been to true on their promises

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Im hoping these specs are wrong although 1.3 ghz is fast im looking for the 2 ghz moto had promised by the end of the year. although it wont surprise me if we dont see it because motorola hasnt been to true on their promises
Apparently they're working on a dual-core 1Ghz Tegra-based phone. That would qualify as 2Ghz when spoken by someone who is in the same league as the genius who thought two external antennas right where people touch their phones...

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
What gets hot the phone or the battery?

Back of phone. I doubt its battery

and your running stock? As in no Ocing kernal? Lol at 550mhz, if your phones heating up, and its not the battery, then theirs a problem lol. If your all stock, then i am not sure what to do... I can tell you what i would do but it involves flashing sbf which violates terms of service agreement... (your problem would be solved....)

crackedvenom

Reaction score
what is LTE? and will it be like data and i have to get it? that would make my plan into the 100s then

diverbelow

Reaction score
While getting the iPhone on Verizon would be a good move for Apple and Verizon, I don't think they'll be biting any time soon with the rush to Android and the rush from customers BUYING Android. Besides, the contract with AT&T isn't up yet.

Many indicators pointing to January 2011 for Iphone on VZW.[/QUOTE]

Verizon CEO was talking about once LTE is here in 2012, it will do VoIP as well. I just hope Google Voice will be VoIP enabled sometime this year as Google said earlier this year.

diverbelow

Reaction score
I would LOVE to pay $60 a month for LTE data...That is if they allow me to drop voice/text plans and go completely IP.

Verizon CEO was talking about once LTE is here in 2012, it will do VoIP as well. I just hope Google Voice will be VoIP enabled sometime this year as Google said earlier this year.

diverbelow

Reaction score
While getting the iPhone on Verizon would be a good move for Apple and Verizon, I don't think they'll be biting any time soon with the rush to Android and the rush from customers BUYING Android. Besides, the contract with AT&T isn't up yet.

Many indicators pointing to January 2011 for Iphone on VZW.

Verizon CEO was talking about once LTE is here in 2012, it will do VoIP as well. I just hope Google Voice will be VoIP enabled sometime this year as Google said earlier this year.[/QUOTE]

Darn no edit button. Disregard the statement above.

According to my brother-n-law, the company he works out in Idaho, is currently testing iPhones' on Verizon network.