BGR Exclusive: Verizon Wireless 2010/2011 roadmap!

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I would LOVE to pay $60 a month for LTE data...That is if they allow me to drop voice/text plans and go completely IP.

EXACTLY. $60 a month with no voice/text plans is perfect. If not, then my jaw just dropped. If they allow tethering, I guess I could get rid of my Cable if I had strong 4G, then it would be worth it.

alm0614

Reaction score
Thank you for clearing that up Mojo... and as far as the iPhone on VZ. i really couldnt care less, i will NEVER use an OS that is that locked down.. i like the freedom. But i just know that millions will jump to the VZ iPhone ASAP.. but i wont be one of them

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Thank you for clearing that up Mojo... and as far as the iPhone on VZ. i really couldnt care less, i will NEVER use an OS that is that locked down.. i like the freedom. But i just know that millions will jump to the VZ iPhone ASAP.. but i wont be one of them
+1 to Mojo, +1 to alm0614

Yeah, however I can see how all those iPhoners jumping on our Verizon will impact connectivity and data transfer rates in areas where it's already iffy or congested...

Lucky for me I'm out in the boondocks and a second nearby tower went up last month -- just needs to be turned on... :D

droid_mike

Reaction score
While getting the iPhone on Verizon would be a good move for Apple and Verizon, I don't think they'll be biting any time soon with the rush to Android and the rush from customers BUYING Android. Besides, the contract with AT&T isn't up yet.

Many indicators pointing to January 2011 for Iphone on VZW.[/QUOTE]

Those same indicators point to China getting the iPhone. China runs CDMA.

Unless Apple takes a pay cut, Verizon isn't getting the iPhone. If Apple DOES take a paycut, the consumer will pay much more for the CDMA iPhone to cover the difference.

There are a lot of variables involved here and nothing is black and white. History suggests that an Apple/Verizon deal would be very difficult. They have a SEVERE clash of corporate culture (i.e. very much alike and both want to be dominant) that would significantly hinder such an alliance.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
DAMN, at $60 a month for LTE, I'll pass. I'm very happy with 3G on my phone. My 20Mb service at home doesn't even cost $60 a month.

Dan_08

Reaction score
DAMN, at $60 a month for LTE, I'll pass. I'm very happy with 3G on my phone. My 20Mb service at home doesn't even cost $60 a month.

That is for the MiFi card not Smartphone. But on that topic, If 4g is fast in my area I will drop the FiOS and get the MiFi.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If i have to pay $60 a month for data im tethering. Definetly not being quite about it either. (60=30for data and 30 for tether, in my book at least...)
And to be honest 1.3ghz.... AHHHHHHHHHH.... WTF? What happened to the 2ghz? Disappointment.... They will lock the bootloader too... jerks.... :dry: I just want to know what the BEST phone is thats in the works. If they are making a 2ghz phone, I want to know about it. Im not going to upgrade my D1 for a better one then finding out the Phone of all phones is coming out right after. (or i might, but id be mad lol)

tktouch12

Reaction score
Wow. Thisll be cool.
But is it just me or is $60 way to much for data per month. I would never spend that much

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nevermore my last post. I just read now.
lol thats hilarious, Im saying the same thing. I guess i should of read lol. Too late now, im to lazy to edit.
I knew that was bonkers. being $60/month it would of had to come with a lifetime supply of cookies, And the good kind Not that cheap imitation stuff. (those poser oeros expeciaclly, just buy the actual oreos! We can tell grandma!)

Jmart922

Reaction score
Quick question, the op mentions that the Droid pro would be a phone with global capabilities, does that indicated it's lte based or just having the usual cdma/GSM frequenc? Can someone confirm or speculate this