Bezel-less phones... new or...?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow! How important is that first sentence? Without that first sentence, the rest of the paragraph has no relevance. A simple lesson in grade school paragraph structure is needed here; start paragraph with intro statement or premise, use body of paragraph to elaborate, close paragraph with closing thought or conclusion.

"News" takes many forms. Maybe a definition is in order here...

"news
n(y)o͞oz
noun
noun: news
newly received or noteworthy information, especially about recent or important events.

plural noun: the news

synonyms: report, announcement, story, account; article, news flash, newscast, headlines, press release, communication, communiqué, bulletin;
news crawl, news ticker; message, dispatch, statement, intelligence; disclosure, revelation, word, talk, gossip; informal scoop

informal
information not previously known to someone.
a person or thing considered interesting enough to be reported in the news."

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm going to try and end this before it gets even more of track.

Briankbl, I respect both your opinion and contributions to the forum and we always welcome members to contribute in many ways, including creating news posts.

We can go back and forth about what we want to consider "news" vs "blog". But all you have to do is look at the news to see the lines have been long blurred. How many times have Twitter posts been the source of news now?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
"Then I was reminded of the Droid HD from back in the day. It was one of the first to look at slimming the bezel and combined with the carbon fiber back it was an awesome looking phone. Unfortunately at the time it went up against the "Next Big Thing" and lost. In a battle that was an onslaught given the specs of the Note 2 combined with the ability to be rooted (something that was important on a phone back then). One had to wonder why Motorola waited so long to release the phone. Had they released it in the spring when so many were anticipating it we could have been having a different conversation.

Unfortunately the Droid HD may not have gotten the love it deserved then but I have to think that it's legacy is going to live on in a future device."
---
Read the above quote with the first sentence removed. Tell me what the article is talking about.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Tapatalk offers free forum setup so you can start your own and show us how it's supposed to be done. Until then we'll just have to agree to disagree and hopefully not make so much hay taking the thread so far off topic .
I don't know anything about the Droid HD , glanced over that whole part of the post but saw where the op was heading , why it's titled like it is, and I especially liked how his post ended by talking about the future and not the past.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I suppose to some it may be blog worthy to others it's news worthy. Regardless, it's an interesting comparison highlighting the forgotten past to the recent leak. Imo, it's where it belongs; in the news and to perseverate on whether it does or doesn't is irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Thanks Sajo and Tis...I agree

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk