Beyondpod: pro vs free version

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by voodoodaddy, Dec 5, 2009.

1. voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy New Member

This was one of the first apps I downloaded when I got my droid a few days ago. My trial is about the expire but I cannot find any explanation of what the pro version gives you vs the free.

Honestly I could do without the news rss feeds, all I want it for is audio podcasts. I know there are a couple other podcast apps there but the reviews say most are buggy and crash.
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Maybe all the pro version allows you to do is use it past the trial....
  3. voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy New Member

it says in the market "this is a lite version with a 7 day full feature trial." I would assume that means some functionality will remain after 7 days, but how much I cannot find an answer.
  4. jev

jev Member

It probably means that the "lite" version is only a 7 day trial for the full version and nothing else.
  5. JMac84

JMac84 New Member

I used the lite version amongst other apps looking for the best podcast d/ler

Truthfully, none of them worked really well. None of them are intuitive, you have to dig around to try to get them to work.

Anyway, Beyondpod worked well enough for me to at least get some of my podcasts fairly consistently, so I bought it (relatively inexpensive anyway)

Well the paid for version works way! better than the lite version. Still hard to find URLs for feeds. I have to sometimes try a couple of different addresses before I find the right url, but that might be me. But for some reason, the paid for version just works better. I would think that a developer would make the demo work brilliantly as it is an advertisement for the paid version.

Dammit if itunes didn't just work so freaking easy for podcast downloading :mad:
  6. voodoodaddy

voodoodaddy New Member

Just wanted to follow up on this. My trial version has expired but the app is still functional. Not sure exactly what "pro" features are not longer working, only thing I can tell is you cant update all feeds at once. You have to update them individually which IMO isnt such a big deal (unless you had many, many feeds which I dont)

Id gladly pay the $ for this, but Im still not sold on the Droid yet. Still within my return period so I dont want to by buying apps I might not be able to use in a few weeks.

I will say that I have tried pretty much every podcast app in the market and beyondpod is the best of the bunch.
Search tags for this page
beyond pod free

beyond pod lite

beyond pod pro
beyond pod trial

beyondpod free

beyondpod free vs paid

beyondpod lite vs pro

beyondpod paid vs free

beyondpod pro

beyondpod pro features

beyondpod pro vs free