Beware of Verizon... not waiting to start new retail sales

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note 7' started by jstafford1, Sep 20, 2016.

1. ngt

ngt Senior Member

Ratings:
    +89
    Yeah, it was. The guy helping me had no idea what to do. He asked me for the watch and I said "Betsy (the best buy mobile manager) said I didn't need to bring it back" and he's says, "oh, ok". She had to walk him through everything and he couldn't even find the phone. She went and got it. So if people are having different experiences at different places, I'm guessing lack of training.

• Like Like x 2
  2. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,338
    Or lack of communication by co-workers that they've got you're specific device held for you and that they're handling your case or how to handle it of they're not around.
    I work in retail and communication is a MUCH bigger issue than training, or lack of. I get flack for posting notes, texting my bosses, etc over everything but nothing drives me more nuts than to be blind sided with a problem I'm trying to solve that another has already handled partially and I'm not aware of any of it. It makes me look like a dumbass to the costumer.

Support Our Troops!!!
    Beast Mode 4

<><

3. ngt

ngt Senior Member

Ratings:
    +89
    If someone who works at best buy mobile was blind sided by the note 7 recall, then they must have living under a rock.

But I do get what you're saying and could tell he was annoyed by not knowing what to do, especially when I would correct him. Lol, although I was doing it in a nice way, he didn't like not knowing what to do.

I asked him why he didn't confirm that the $40 activation fee would be waived when he was on the phone with the Verizon agent activating my phone. He said he didn't think about it.

Knowing this was coming, you'd think there would be more communication, maybe in the form of a training. Sound like they were just training on the go, which had everyone dealing with it a bit frustrated.

Nowhere near as frustrated as the old lady next to me who was not happy about having to pay $8 to get a screen protector put on her phone, lol

4. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,338
    I agree about the overall policy part but what I meant was the lack of communication that your specific device was being handled.

Support Our Troops!!!
    Beast Mode 4

<><