Beware of Verizon... not waiting to start new retail sales

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Lol gave the option. We'll see tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I got the bill credit but the Verizon agent threw Samsung under the bus stating that Samsung didn't give them the right protocol for handling the exchange and that they were only given notice to return the Note 7 directly to stock to be sold.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Training, training, training.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Also as I had suggested in a previous post Samsung informed me directly again today (as I had been informed previously by them and Verizon), they are recommending that you bring in all included accessories originally supplied with the phone for a complete replacement. This is to be a full exchange, existing recalled phones and accessories (her words exactly "headphones, charger and cable"), in exchange for new, sealed retail packages.

This isn't 100% accurate. Seeing as Verizon is not following any policy or whatever. We were told we could have kept our old chargers cables and headphones in the store and just done a phone swap.

Fyi might vary by store but that was our experience.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK, Verizon is NOT Samsung. If Verizon chooses to handle the recall differently than Samsung does users are advised to reach out to Samsung. Remember people, these batteries are being recalled as faulty by Samsung (AND the CPSC), not Verizon or any carrier or retailer. The recall is for potentially deadly faults. You should defer to the manufacturer in ALL cases pertaining to safety. Only Samsung can be held responsible for the damages caused by these devices. As a result any advice or recommendations made by any other source should be subordinate to Samsung.

As the batteries are faulty they can affect any components that are attached to them, potentially damaging them as well. A short in the battery will create excessive current draw on the charger. If the charger is damaged as a result it could ultimately then damage another good battery. It's your life, but don't take it into your own hands unless you're fully aware of the risks. You're eligible for a full replacement of the phone and all accessories. Nobody can give a credible reason for not taking advantage of that and replacing the charger as well.

IMHO YRMV

Last edited:
OP
jstafford1

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I agree. I feel Samsung has been doing the right thing through this. The carriers seem to be the ones screwing around, and mainly Verizon.
Not having dealt with any others I don't know, but Verizon did not offer loaners and is not putting the recall as any kind of priority. That's all I'm saying.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Agreed.

realged13

Reaction score
Just called my local Verizon store that opened at 10 and said they already sold out. I was like WTF!!! Told me they had "sold" them and I was like, you do know these are only for replacement devices, not new sales and he acted dumb. I am so pissed. He said for me to call back at 1 or 2 to see if they got another shipment in. I went to Verizon last week and asked if there was a list I could be put on and they said no. They should have made it so you have to be registered.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Just called my local Verizon store that opened at 10 and said they already sold out. I was like WTF!!! Told me they had "sold" them and I was like, you do know these are only for replacement devices, not new sales and he acted dumb. I am so pissed. He said for me to call back at 1 or 2 to see if they got another shipment in. I went to Verizon last week and asked if there was a list I could be put on and they said no. They should have made it so you have to be registered.
Verizon doesn't care. They want to sell devices as quickly as they can. Samsung should have said "These are not to be sold until all defect devices are returned"

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ngt

Reaction score
Verizon doesn't care. They want to sell devices as quickly as they can. Samsung should have said "These are not to be sold until all defect devices are returned"

If people aren't returning them though, how long would they have to wait. There should have been a set date agreed upon by Samsung and all vendors.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
My local Verizon is selling Note 7 first come first serve along with the New Phones. I was the 1st one on line to get the Note 7 along with my brother. A guy came in to purchase one and the sold it to him. I thought that they would take care of the recall people first. I was wrong!!!!

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
You should call Samsung and report this...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
If people aren't returning them though, how long would they have to wait. There should have been a set date agreed upon by Samsung and all vendors.
If I'm not mistaken there was a specified timeline for the replacements. September 20 thru October 1 seems to ring a bell but it could have been longer.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

As posted earlier in this thread...

"The number to reach Samsung is 800-726-7864. That is their technical support department. They have informed me that in fact they are receiving complaints from consumers that the retail establishments and carriers, not just Verizon, and in both corporate stores and "Authorized Retailers" - Verizon branded, as well as consumer electronics retailers such Best Buys and others are "pushing back" on the replacement of these phones and using the new stock as sales merchandise rather than replacement merchandise.

Samsung is taking the position that is not what they required or requested of these retail establishments. Samsung has said that they put the existing Samsung owners ahead of any new sales and that any customer who has a phone that needs to be replaced, if they are receiving push back from a retail establishment or Carrier should call the number above and inform them that they are suffering this push back. This department then we'll coordinate with the carrier or retailer and inform them of Samsung's position and orchestrate the replacement of these phones."

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Okay folks, so I just got off the phone with the Consumer Product Safety Commission in regards to the Note 7 recall and informed them of the problems that we are incurring getting these phones replaced. In fact they are aware of the situation and they are saying that "It is a direct violation of the recall". Replacement of defective and possibly hazardous phones is the number one priority. Any sales of retail phones prior to replacing those defective phones is circumventing the recall, and can be considered a violation of law.

They are referring all these complaints over to the Office of Compliance for the Consumer Product Safety Commission and in fact they are being followed up on. So if you do have a retailer or carrier that's not providing you a replacement and is in fact selling phones instead of using them for replacement stock they are in direct violation of the Federal Recall and could be subject to sanctions. I would notify them of that when you talk to them on the phone, and I would also notify them to the fact that Samsung themselves has also made a directive that all phones shipped out are to be used for replacement of defective phones first, and new purchases or sales are to take second place position.

If you do have a complaint, you can reach the Consumer Product Safely Commission directly and inform them of your own complaint, but there are complaints lodged and I've opened a formal ticket with the Consumer Product Safety Commission"s Office of Compliance regarding this. I provided my information and they will be reaching out to me shortly.

151cd92c1b921a13745a63d27c17af28.jpg

The number to reach the Consumer Product Safety Commission is (800) 638-2772. Please call if your carrier or retailer refuses to cooperate.

Last edited: