Beware: Companionlink 4.0

Discussion in 'CompanionLink Software' started by Delawaredave, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Delawaredave

Delawaredave New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Companionlink 4.0 is extremely buggy. I have used it for years with PocketPCs, Act - it never was particularly robust - but this latest beta version is horrible. My current problems are with Blackberry and Act.

Avoid at all cost !

2. clsales

clsales New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    CompanionLink 4.0 is currently still in beta. What specific bugs did you encounter?

If you're having trouble, I recommend going with the stable version 3.0 for now. Both versions are available from our downloads page.

3. Delawaredave

Delawaredave New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I never considered version 3 "stable" - I constantly got duplication errors and lost data.

Version 4 is not beta - it is a prototype at best. When you rename profiles, the display names do not change. Settings change after being selected. Crashes all the time.

And paid $50 for this "upgrade" ?

4. clsales

clsales New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Uh oh, that doesn't sound good!

We would love try and get some of these issues resolved. We offer free tech support for all our products - feel free to give us a ring at 503-243-5200.

We also offer a 90-day money back guarantee, so if you're ultimately unhappy, just request a refund.

Cheers!

5. Delawaredave

Delawaredave New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks - I was on the phone yesterday with Art - great guy, very nice - unfortunately we were not able to get working.

There's a level of stability and performance that is assumed when you try a beta product - Companionlink 4.0 is FAR SHORT of anyone's reasonable "beta standard".

I'm just leaving it alone and not synchronizing and hoping version 4 gets usable someday soon.

Where in the attic did I put that DayTimer......... ?

6. snowman253

snowman253 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. Companionlink has to be one of the worst programs I have ever used. Always duplicating contacts- I would gladly pay for a program that would sync act contacts to google. Currently I can't get the contacts on my phone to sync with google contacts so I'm beginning to think none of this crap works.

7. pnc

pnc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Companionlink not a good companion

I bought the premium support with the product about a year ago. This software may have more features than others but so far, it has created more issues than would make it worthwhile. It creates duplicates, wipes out data on the blackberry and won't actually sync on a consistent basis. I've had good and very bad experiences with support. They can usually get it working again temporarily but not without dumping what is on the blackberry and me having to remember every change I possibly made or added to the device. Having my contacts are great but I'm definitely looking for an alternative. Premium service means you send in a request and they may or may not get to you within an hour or two or in my case a day or two leaving me without contacts over the weekend. Great idea but a real disappointment.

8. companionlink

companionlink Member

Ratings:
    +0
    handheldssuck, snowman253, and pnc,

I wanted to jump in to apologize for the issues you've had while using CompanionLink. Please know that we are working hard to ensure we are able to offer a seamless sync experience for everyone who uses our products. We pay close attention to customer feedback and recognize that there are bugs out there. We are working to fix them as quickly as we are able, and we update our software often with improvements and bug fixes. All of these updates can be found on our Software Update page as they are released.

I am aware that you have worked with support in the past, but if there's anything more that I can do to assist you, please let me know!

- David Z

9. companionlink

companionlink Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Our ultimate goal is to make syncing simple and easy, no matter what PIM or device you are using. As you mentioned, we do support a wide variety of PIMs, which can create a lot of work for us. That said, we are hard at work to ensure everything runs smoothly.

While we do have many happy customers, we recognize that there are those who encounter bugs as well. Some bugs require a simple fix and can be addressed quite quickly. Others are more complex and just take time. And still others are actually a restriction of the PIM or device that is either very difficult or simply impossible to work around at this point.

I'm not sure what category the issues you have had with CL fall into, and I know you've worked with support in the past regarding them. If you wanted to send me a PM with the details, I'd be more than happy to ensure that our dev team is aware of the problem and can work towards a solution. Of course, I understand that, as you stated earlier, you may simply want to move on and explore other options as well. Whatever you choose, I just wanted to extend the offer for any help I can give!

- David Z

10. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    And a PM or an Email would be more inline before posting in an open forum.
    Give them a chance....

11. DFSBMC

DFSBMC New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, but isn't one of the reasons for forums to have an open dialog? Why shouldn't a manufacturer be called out in a public forum as long as the posts are factual? Perhaps the OP and others may very well have given 'them' a chance and their frustration is what has led them to public posting of the issues they've encountered. I know I've had a great many problems with CompanionLink and have talked to support on several occasions, giving them the 'chance' you speak of. I still have not gotten satisfactory results. So what should one do exactly? Suffer in silence or express their frustrations in an open forum so that others might choose not to go down the same path?

12. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    First I notice that this is your first post in this forum. Are you personally having an issue with companionlink or are you just expressing your opinion on what BnB had to say?

If there is a problem with companionlink we feel it should be brought to their attention first for resolution. If you have done that and have not been able to get satisfaction then you may go ahead and post up on what your situation is. However if your post is only one to "defend" other posts and you personally don't have a dog in this issue, you really shouldn't make comment on it at all.

Search tags for this page

companion link coupon

companion link reviews
companionlink coupon discount

companionlink discount

companionlink discount code

companionlink forum
companionlink fraud
companionlink promo code
companionlink software coupon
review companionlink