1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

BetterCut

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by booklady2002, Apr 23, 2010.

1. booklady2002

booklady2002 New Member

I am having a problem with Bettercut. I just got it today but can't get it to work. When I try to add an app to my home screen, I keep getting a message that there is no room for it. My home screen is completely empty. What am I doing wrong. Can someone give me step by step directions to add an app to a home screen usign BetterCut. For example, I am trying to add hansent to my home screen but I keep getting that same message
    thanks.
    L.
  2. droider4life

droider4life New Member

Try adding handcent the normal way to ur screen and then just change the icon with bettercut

Edit: then just hit edit shortcut
  3. Darthvong

Darthvong New Member

Hey all,
    Got a little problem. I just rooted and have started changing icons with bettercut. Tweaking some standard ones using photoshop and whatnot.

Anyway I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the darn Phone icon. I've tried the open bettercut and click edit shortcut and the phone option doesn't show. Then I went the long press, choose shortcut, choose bettercut, but I can't find it in all the options.

Any help???

Thanks!

Oh if it matters I'm using ROM cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  4. VirtualGeek

VirtualGeek New Member

Interesting, I'm running CM same version and I Just checked. I have the phone option in "edit shortcut" but not others, for example, "Voice Search". Interesting.
  5. PriestSyrinx

PriestSyrinx New Member

@booklady

Are you running a home replacement (i.e. Helix, Home++, etc)? If so, in my experience, Bettercut adds shortcuts to each home replacement. If one of them has a full screen, it will give you a "no more space" message.
  6. droider4life

droider4life New Member

I'm just curious can u guys tell me how to return an icon back to stock after I've used bettercut to change it?
  7. justreboot

justreboot New Member

Use one of the home switcher utils (home++ has one) / open the home chooser app and select 'home' as the default (you can change later) / delete the icons from the 'home' screen // I ran into the same thing some time ago...
Search tags for this page

bettercut app