BetterCut w/ CM

bodean

Reaction score
Seems every time I try to open BetterCut (So I can edit/change my icons) I get the message

"Unable to edit shortcuts for Android Home, if you are editing Open Home, you MUST install Open Home first. The easy solution is just uninstall BetterCut and reinstall it (without uninstalling Open Home).

I don't use open home, and I've tried reinstalling. Any ideas?

mjh68

Reaction score
Seems every time I try to open BetterCut (So I can edit/change my icons) I get the message

"Unable to edit shortcuts for Android Home, if you are editing Open Home, you MUST install Open Home first. The easy solution is just uninstall BetterCut and reinstall it (without uninstalling Open Home).

I don't use open home, and I've tried reinstalling. Any ideas?

Did you look under the comments section on the marketplace about the app ? I think I saw someone said to turn off compatability mode under spare parts to get rid of that error. Seems like people have trouble with CM and bettercut thats why I am waiting to see if it can get worked out .

RoLa

Reaction score
I tried using bettercut the other day and the icon was HUGE. .. it only put a corner of the icon in the squ

RaptorKC

Reaction score
You need to have the standard home launcher installed (not open home). You need to get the launcher.apk and install it. then you can create/edit shortcuts there, and they'll appear on your Helix launcher.

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score
You need to have the standard home launcher installed (not open home). You need to get the launcher.apk and install it. then you can create/edit shortcuts there, and they'll appear on your Helix launcher.

I thought CM comes with standard launcher. thats one of my options when opening launcher. Helix2 and Launcher.

RaptorKC

Reaction score
Is there a repository of apps (like launcher) where we can download? I'm looking to make the switch over from UD to Cyanogen. Blackdroid used to have a site up where the apps could be downloaded. I still have the launcher.apk downloaded from there, but not sure if it's compatible with CyanogenMod.

hookerdj

Reaction score
i use 5062 and better cut works fine for me in the launche r that comes with it

hookerdj

Reaction score
when you make the switch over wipe data and cache and then after you link back up with your fone set it down for about 30 minutes and the market willl reinstall all your apps so you dont have to do it dont open the market or i think it will stop i just set mine down and come back to it after i answer my email/>

edit sorry that was for raptor

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score
Is there a repository of apps (like launcher) where we can download? I'm looking to make the switch over from UD to Cyanogen. Blackdroid used to have a site up where the apps could be downloaded. I still have the launcher.apk downloaded from there, but not sure if it's compatible with CyanogenMod.

Good question.

chris420o

Reaction score
make sure the original launcher is there...the non 3d one...drag icons on there you wanna edit...go back to helix open better cut and edit those icons they will show up there n work fin with no errors..

now for some reason i could never get cyonodgenmods 3d launcher to work with better cut...ill edit an icon and when it comes on the screen its only the corner of the icon zoomed it it doesnt work well kinda sucks...but i use my themed helix2 launcher so i dont care anymore even though the cyanogenmod 3d launcher is by far the best working 3d launcher...it look soo much better than helix which is like zoomed in the menu

Alex K.

Reaction score

Good question.

Now I don't know a Repository, but in Rom Manager, if you go to Download ROM, you can find the original launcher.apk listed as Home. Download that and I believe that it will reboot you (standard RM procedure, however it could be different, I haven't used the Home download yet.) and when you get back to your unlock screen at boot, it will ask you which home you want to use, whether you default Home or launcher2, it's all up to you.

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score

Good question.

Now I don't know a Repository, but in Rom Manager, if you go to Download ROM, you can find the original launcher.apk listed as Home. Download that and I believe that it will reboot you (standard RM procedure, however it could be different, I haven't used the Home download yet.) and when you get back to your unlock screen at boot, it will ask you which home you want to use, whether you default Home or launcher2, it's all up to you.

Thanks, found it.

Alex K.

Reaction score
You're welcome, just tell me if you have any success with bettercut, if I were to want to use it eventually.