BetterCut: Very limited change selection?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For me, BetterCut allows me to edit/name change under half of my icons. Is this the same situation for everyone else? Also will not let me rename/re-icon folders.

bradgsanford

Reaction score
Choose "new shortcut" and then "activity"....give it a while to load. You'll think it's just a blank screen at first.

Bettercut won't let you icon/rename a folder. You'll need ABCOrganizer or AppsOrganizer for that. I personally prefer ABCOrganizer but they're both by the same developer.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bettercut didn't "WOW" me either. I uninstalled. Apps organizer did the trick for me :)

Tim K

Reaction score
I like bettercut A LOT. I have changed almost every one of my icons to something custom. You can create new or edit existing icon names which is great for apps with stupid or long names. You can create your own custom icons or download icon packs to replace any of your shortcuts. The only limitations I see are:

1. Cannot change folder icons...at least not yet.
2. Cannot change widget icons....but that's not a flaw in the app but rather the nature of widgets as most of them are NOT static icons so the images are built into the app.
3. The ability to "build" your own shortcut. The feature seems to exist but there is no documentation on what it does or how to use it.

luckmylife

Reaction score
Is there any way you can change folder icons? They all look the same and are UGLY! I have AppsOrganizer but if it changes folder icons IDK how to do it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is there any way you can change folder icons? They all look the same and are UGLY! I have AppsOrganizer but if it changes folder icons IDK how to do it.
You can't change folders. Poster actually just mentioned it above you :)

Apps Organizer, you create an 'app list' in the apps organizer program. You select the list you want to create a shortcut to and you can change the icon. Long hold on one of the 'list' (ie Media, Phone, Web, Tools) and a pop up will give you the option to change the icon.

luckmylife

Reaction score
Oh my bad! I thought they meant just that app couldn't change folders. Alright so I have my lists all ready to go, but now I can't figure out how to add them to the page. They don't show up when I go to add a shortcut... am I missing something?

P.S. Thank you for being so patient and helpful!

luckmylife

Reaction score
OH WOW Ok sorry!! Forget my last post. I had thought I had done it the way you're supposed to before, but that was a different app, sorry!! Thanks again for your help!!

CDB

Reaction score
After some horsing around with BetterCut (and reading some tutorials on AnyCut, which became BetterCut) - this app has got some awesome potential. I was actually surprised to see that the info that SpareParts gives about battery status and such is actually baked directly into the OS...meaning, the info and the way it's formatted is already there.

The "Make Your Own" menu option allows you to make shortcuts to things more directly...as in, you could make a shortcut that takes you directly to your music playlists.

Action: android.intent.action.PICK
Data: content://media/external/audio/playlists/
Type: (leave this empty)