1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bettercut Issues...

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by jdixon74, Apr 27, 2010.

1. jdixon74

jdixon74 New Member

Hi all, i just downloaded bettercut app from market. I wanted to apply new icons but its only showing me a short list i can choose from, it wont give me more then a few, ill show you from the pictures below... can someone help please, maybe i am doing something wrong.. i have uninstalled it and installed it a few times but no luck.

Attached Files:

2. timmy

timmy New Member

I thought I had the same problem at first after installing BetterCut as well, but I messed around with it a little and figured out a way to put a new icon for pretty much any action the phone can do.

Say for example you have a new custom icon you want to apply for "Contacts." (This is the way I did it, there may be an easier way, but this way worked for me). Long press an open spot on the homescreen, select "shortcuts" then "better cut." It will bring up the list of 7 options. Select "Activity" and give it a few seconds to load up the list (there should be lots of options so be patient for it to load).

Then scroll down to the "activity" you want the icon to execute, for a demo we said "contacts." Select Contacts. It will bring up a small menu that has a "Change Icon" button on the top, a text field where you can change the name of the icon, and "Create" and "Clear" buttons. Select "Change Icon" and locate the icon (wherever you may have stored it).

After you chose the image, choose "create."

For me, every time I created a new icon, I got a notification saying "No more room on this home screen" but it always still created the new icon. Hit the home button, and go to the homescreen you originally started this process on, and your new icon should be there, and should take you to Contacts (or whichever activity you selected).

Hope this was helpful, as I had the same frustrating problem also.
  3. jdixon74

jdixon74 New Member

Thank you! I figured this out earlier but i appreciate someone finally understanding exactly my dilema