bettercut icons question

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by stangdroid, Mar 5, 2010.

1. stangdroid

stangdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone know if we will be able to change icons for 5 screens when the new software update arrives? I know currently we can only change icons for 3 screens total, since that is all it allows us to do.

2. gotta have that funk

gotta have that funk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what in the world are you talking about? you can change the icon to any bettercut shortcut. what screen it's on has absolutely nothing to do with anything. who told you these things?

3. stangdroid

stangdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it was in this forum somewhere.someone said that we can edit icons for up to 3 screens worth.the same amount our stock homes have.say if I use panda or home ++ I cant change the icons on all 7 screens.

4. stangdroid

stangdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I forgot to mention that I wanted to change all of my icons for 5 to 7 screens. currently I can change up to 48 icons. I just wanted to change up to 80 or more.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  5. gotta have that funk

gotta have that funk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ohhhh...

ok. you're using 16 icons on every screen? then thats something i never considered, i've never had more than 3 or 4 bettercut shortcuts on any screen my apologies..

i only have one suggestion for you then, its an app called apps organizer. it lets you create a folder of sorts that you can name whatever you want and you pick which apps you want inside of it. it also lets you pick an icon for the folder.

so, say you want all music related apps in one folder, call it music, select all the apps you want for it and then pick an icon for it. all you do is tap the folders icon and it brings up a little mini application tray with the apps you selected. i dont know the limit but i know you can have at least 8 apps in a single folder. if you have 20+ apps that you want together you can always make two folders and it'll work just fine too..

6. stangdroid

stangdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I might have to try that app.that would make it a lot easier! thanks for the info.

7. mendy817

mendy817 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it is fairly easy... the only thing i don't like about abc organizer is that its much slower than simply opening a folder (which i'm willing to put up with in order to have my own icons)

8. stangdroid

stangdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    that was what I wanted to do.I wanted to have all my icons the same style for all 5 to 7 screens, not just the 3.

9. OpalCat

OpalCat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can also use Better Cut to change the icon. :) I only wish you could change the icons inside the folder with apps organizer. Some apps have names that don't tell me what they do, and icons that don't either, and so it's easy for me to forget what an app does. I'll be saying "I know I have an app that does X! What is it called???" and if I could edit the shortcut icon/text I wouldn't have that problem.