Bettercut and icons

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by bradford027, Mar 28, 2010.

1. bradford027

bradford027 New Member

I bought Bettercut and got a couple of icon packs with the intention of changing them. I spent 2 hours last night trying to figure it out before I gave up. Can anyone tell me step by step how to do this? At the moment Im not rooted and only had the Droid for about 2 weeks. I searched the forum but couldnt find what I was looking for.
  2. bomber889

bomber889 New Member

Hold your screen down, select shortcuts, click "better cut" and there you go.
  3. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

I just open my app drawer, select bettercut, select "edit shortcut". Then a list of your current shortcuts are listed. Choose one, then you can edit the description text (hit only space to not have any), then click Change Icon. From there you can choose your icon pack, gallery images or crop picture. When you got it the way you want, click Create to finalize the edit of the shortcut.
  4. bradford027

bradford027 New Member

Gotcha. thanks.
  5. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

i just tried this and it says "unable to edit shortcuts for android home, if you are editing open home, you MUST install open home first... blah blah..."

so you cant edit icons unless you are running a home replacement?
  6. Nickmast

Nickmast New Member

Long press on screen>shortcut>bettercut>activity (wait for the list to populate. It takes a little bit)>click what you want to edit>change icon>pick icon>create
  7. bradford027

bradford027 New Member

Im not running a home replacement. Just downloaded Bettercut and a couple of icon packs from the Market. Just long press an empty spot on your screen, hit shortcuts, bettercut, activity. This will bring up a list of all your installed apps and settings. Pick one, a screen then comes up has change icon on top w/ your program name. Press change icon. Next youll have choices to "pick picture" and "Pick from icon pack". Choose your icon and then press create. I had to do this for each one. It takes a while but after you do a few it goes pretty fast.
  8. Droidlicous

Droidlicous New Member

Yeah if you have Helix you have to do the create new shortcut way w/ activity also! Long process but well worth it!
  9. TreeFrog

TreeFrog New Member

yamaha...just do what that message says! un-install bettercut than re-install. dont touch open home...just bettercut. worked for me!
Search tags for this page

anycut

bettercut icon pack

home replacement that allows for the changing of individual