Better to buy at Verizon store or Costco?

rmart88

Reaction score
Slightly biased here, as I work at Best Buy Mobile, but I would definitely suggest BBYM simply for the protection plan. No Deductible, no questions asked if you need to make a claim. No great deals on accessory bundles like Costco, but in the long run... could save you a lot of $150 deductibles.... (Hope i dont get in trouble for "advertising" just giving my two cents, i actually have yet to buy a phone from BBYM lol... til tomorrow :) )

Krennel

Reaction score
It is around $200, but it changes depending on how much the phone is.

Sent from Voyager using a wormhole

rmart88

Reaction score
$9.99/month. A little more than Asurion monthly... but over the 2 year period it isnt even $75 more. One claim and you have already saved money. Plus you can buy it outright for the full 2 years and save a couple of months worth ($239 if paid for monthly, $199 purchased outright)

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
To those getting it through LetsTalk, make sure that they don't change your unlimited plan to a tiered one. Just a heads up. Good deal if you can keep your current plan.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Personal decision, but I never buy protection plans...I buy my devices w/Amex card to double manuf. warranty up to an additional year, and then keep the rest of the $ in my pocket. Since I've owned Smartphones for five years now and have never lost or trashed one, that's about what, $500 I've saved to spend on other toys (HP Touchpad running Android amongst others...).

I'll have my D2 to fall back on if I did something really stupid w/my next phone (Nexus), but definitely not going to put $200 in BB pockets for insurance...there are just too many Android phones I could purchase on eBay/Craig's List for that $ if I did trash/lose my Nexus and wanted something aside from my D2. I'd think pretty hard before forking that amount of $ over...

But, aside from that, what's the BB return/exchange policy? Anything like the Costco 30 day return/90 day exchange, no additional fees (other than any price difference between phones).