Better to buy at Verizon store or Costco?

RT55

Reaction score
I am eligible for an upgrade. If I buy at Costco, do I still get the $100 off the price for signing a new contract? I want my Verizon rebate card

element192

Reaction score
I'm wondering the same thing, where should I purchase it? I, for whatever reason, never got one of those $100 of cards... I'd love to buy it on Amazon to save the money on tax (I'm in CA) but I also don't really want to wait any more for this phone! Plus who knows if/when Amazon will even have it. I'm on the OG and want to upgrade as soon as possible. So where do people recommend buying it?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Let's Talk is having a promo. $75 off all verizon phones!

kongo

Reaction score
I'm in Cali too. Here's my situation (maybe some of you are similar):

1. I have a $50 upgrade credit from VZW.
2. I got the Living Social VZW deal, so that's another $50 that I have to use in store.
3. BUT.... buying in store means the stupid full tax situation, which would come out to $57.
4. Costco is selling for $289.99 which comes out to about $315, including tax and the bundle that'll come with it.

So, I guess my options are:

1. Buy at Verizon and pay $199.99 (using all my discounts) + $57 tax = $257.
2. Buy at Costco and pay $315, lose my $50 credit at VZW, then use my Living Social coupon to buy $50 in accessories.
3. Buy at another retailer that doesn't charge full tax on the phone AND honors my $50 NE2 discount. That way, I pay $249 + $22 (taxes) = $272, and I can still use my Living Social coupon for accessories at corporate store.

Question is, which retail stores will honor my $50 upgrade AND only charge tax on the paid price? Best Buy, Radio Shack???

jerroedr

Reaction score
it depends on the package costco is offering with the phone. I havent heard anything about what it includes

Reaction score
That online coupon is unreal!!! I have always bought from the VZ store but im going to try my luck with Best Buy tomorrow AM.

element192

Reaction score

GoBears

Reaction score
I bought my DX from letstalk. It was an easy and friendly with prompt shipping. No problems whatsoever.

proangler

Reaction score
I go to same Verizon guy for 4 phones now T Verizon syore, I go to him and he hooks me up with frer accesories every time, and he already got me a nexus. That's what you get for giving one guy all your business.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know any vendor that offers the two key things that CostCo does:

30 day free return
90 day switch to any other phone they stock

Costco's accessory bundle on my wife's DX2 was nothing too special, I expect the same level on the Nexus, a nice add on. But the ability to return/change the phone was/is the key reason to buy again from Costco for me...especially given the huge size of this behemoth. I'm really concerned that in hand/pocket it could turn out to feel like I'm carrying around a boat anchor, after my D1/D2 over the past two years.

Does BestBuy offer anything like the Costco deal? There is one near me so they are an option if they have a similar program.

ddfuji

Reaction score
I like Costco for the 90 return policy and best customer service i have ever dealt with..

Agreed. That's were I got my other droids from. Or you buy a phone just to realize that a cooler and newer phone is coming out in 2month you can return the phone when the time comes and GeT the new one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums