Better music player?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by wkearney99, Aug 27, 2010.

1. wkearney99

wkearney99 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    The built-in player gets the job done, barely. I'd like one that offered a bit more flexibility, like listing by genres, sorting and filtering.

Being able to create playlists on the device would be an even bigger plus.

I do not want a player with lots of visual gimmicks added to it. I don't need (or want) skins and that sort of gadgetry. Just a better player.

Any suggestions on one?

2. gatewayad

gatewayad Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    This may not be what you are looking for but i find it really useful for random playlist and making playlists. Moodagent in the market. I was pretty impressed but for my music player I use 3 music player

3. wkearney99

wkearney99 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Trouble is moodagent doesn't really act as a player. At least not as others like mixzing do. The OS doesn't see it as a player and player-related activities don't work with it. That and I don't really put much faith in players that attempt to use beat counts for determining mood. They're wrong more often than not.

Mixzing isn't great either, a bit too inconsistent in how to handles playing. You'd think a player wouldn't make it a hassle to stop/start what's playing, not the case with mixzing. It's got a lot of features but it sort of gets in the way of just basic playing.

4. djh816

djh816 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    btunes was excellent but the dev is mia

5. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I use an app called 3 or 3 Cubed by Filipe Abrantes. It can be found on the Market

6. Jejackson

Jejackson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 for cubed. Its a very well put together music player, it even has lock screen controls

7. Dignan1443

Dignan1443 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I paid for the Mixzing app and I love it. I've tried every single music app out there, and this beats them all. It has a lock-screen widget and EQ. I think its the best-looking music app without sacrificing functionality. I get app updates about 2 times a month, and the devs are responsive to all bug submissions. The only thing this app is missing, in my opinion, is iD3 lyric support (which they say is coming, but they've been saying that for awhile now). I own two Motorola phones, one with 1.5 and one with 2.2 and Mixzing works flawlessly on both.

Search tags for this page

android music player sort playlist