Better Keyboard

mtnman64

Reaction score
Just downloaded this. Much better virtually keyboard. Well worth the couple of bucks.

Sleeve

Reaction score
Better in what ways? I use TalktoMe Keyboard, but I miss word completion from the stock keyboard. So many apps that can benefit from a quick blip of speech to text, like Handcent SMS, have voice quick reply built in so a dedicated keyboard that allows STT is getting redundant.

Does Better Keyboard suggest typo corrections, such as "test" if you type "tset"? I think some of the stock keyboard's suggestions are good when you're typing accurately, but not so good if you mistype and just want a quick correction.

Imemine

Reaction score
Download what?

What program are you speaking of for a better virtual keyboard?

OP
M

mtnman64

Reaction score
it does correct spelling, just like stock virtual keyboard. Difference is how it is laid out, skin options (these help depending on what you like). I actually have the iPhone skin with Better Keyboard app running. Works well.

LordKastle

Reaction score
I haven't used a different keyboard layout when in virtual mode. Is the only difference the way the letters are arranged or the size of them?

imaROBOT

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting this app. Can anyone with it tell me if the it lags or is faster than the stock keyboard. I don't care much for the different thems. I just want one that is able to keep up with my fast fingers.

JOHNNYG

Reaction score
This could be just me, but I found "better keyboard" to not be as fast or as quick as the stock on screen keyboard. I actually stopped using it, then tried to use it again, and I just couldn't type fast.
I'm sure others have got it to work just fine, but I did not.

JOHN

holee

Reaction score
I agree with the sentiment that Better Keyboard is 'different' versus better. I've gotten used to the stock keyboard by now. Better Keyboard is definitely neater, with more features. But the layout and functionality isn't much different from stock.

Now, the hacked HTC keyboard IS superior. The only downside is that it's resolution isn't intended for a screen like the Droid.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
I had it installed and uninstalled it due to lag. Especially when using GDE too.

texasPI

Reaction score
I agree with it being different not necessarily better. I would prefer to be able to set the double tap keyboard as the default keyboard in portrait mode vs the compact querty.

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
I don't like that it doesn't have the smiley face key. It also seems slower.