Better keyboard?

warren83

Reaction score
Hello
Is there an app to make the built in keyboard better? I seem to "fat finger" my keys.
Thanks
Warren

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's Swype and Swiftkey; both have a lot of fans. Swype is in the Bionic already and Swiftkey is in the Market.

Tillmorn

Reaction score
After long months of rejecting the idea of using Swiftkey, I must say that I thoroughly enjoy it. The keys do seem to be slightly larger, and the word predictor is well beyond what the stock android system does. Often times I find myself simply hitting words that Swiftkey suggests instead of needing to type even a part of the next word in a sentence.

Al Neri

Reaction score
After long months of rejecting the idea of using Swiftkey, I must say that I thoroughly enjoy it. The keys do seem to be slightly larger, and the word predictor is well beyond what the stock android system does. Often times I find myself simply hitting words that Swiftkey suggests instead of needing to type even a part of the next word in a sentence.

Me too! I love that app.

TJA990

Reaction score
Started Searching

Appreciate the info, will check out both links now!

TatDroid

Reaction score
Yep, count me as a SwiftKey fan. Actually, it's SwiftKeyX now. Got it free as an Amazon FAOTD.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

thomaswoodlick

Reaction score
I am also looking for a fat finger keyboard for my iphone 4s. I like the stuff of 15 Awesome Keyboards for Android. Please suggest me for iphone too.

bassman1547

Reaction score
I like superkeyboard. Don't hear much about it on the forum. Highly customizable, prediction is darn good.resize your keys,etc. Try it. There is a pro version too, which is what I have. On fact, I have every pro version of just about every keyboard there is. Ha ha. Not ALL installed of course, just the one I like at tbe time.^ω^

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

jssmith76

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm down with SwiftKey as well. Had it on my OG Droid, put it on the wife's Droid X, and since I purchased it, I was able to just download it and put it on my Bionic. Excellent keyboard for my fat fingers, and like it was stated before, the word prediction is outta this world.

This post is BIONIC!

thomaswoodlick

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I got a fat finger keyboard for my iphone 4s from Fat Finger Keyboard | Keyboard for Fat Fingers | Touch Text App . But now i am looking for a fat finger keyboard for my brother's android. He has HTC Sensation XE phone and now he is also want fat finger keyboard for their phone. From your 15 Awesome Keyboards for Android, I like one Gingerbread Keyboard. Because its looking simple and free of cost. Can anybody here suggest me is this keyboard is best for HTC Sensation XE.

Thanks
Thomas

paynomind

Reaction score
I have Swype, Swiftkey, etc, etc.

The consistent problem I have is with the space bar and shift key. I need the space to be bigger. I type things with a V or B in between the words a LOT. I also hit shift when I meant to type the A.

Anyone know of a keyboard that would allow me to shrink or enlarge individual keys?

tc1

Reaction score
I have Swype, Swiftkey, etc, etc.

The consistent problem I have is with the space bar and shift key. I need the space to be bigger. I type things with a V or B in between the words a LOT. I also hit shift when I meant to type the A.

Anyone know of a keyboard that would allow me to shrink or enlarge individual keys?

The SwiftKey 3 beta has a bigger space bar.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

jwd

Reaction score
I've got huge hands and big fingers. I've always had difficulty with all cellphones. A stylus works best for me.