Better keyboard?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by warren83, Oct 27, 2011.

1. warren83

warren83 New Member

Hello
    Is there an app to make the built in keyboard better? I seem to "fat finger" my keys.
    Thanks
    Warren
  2. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

There's Swype and Swiftkey; both have a lot of fans. Swype is in the Bionic already and Swiftkey is in the Market.
  3. richtheruler

richtheruler New Member

I like thumb keyboard
  4. Tillmorn

Tillmorn Member

After long months of rejecting the idea of using Swiftkey, I must say that I thoroughly enjoy it. The keys do seem to be slightly larger, and the word predictor is well beyond what the stock android system does. Often times I find myself simply hitting words that Swiftkey suggests instead of needing to type even a part of the next word in a sentence.
  5. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

1 person likes this.
  6. Al Neri

Al Neri New Member

Me too! I love that app.
  7. TJA990

TJA990 New Member

Started Searching

Appreciate the info, will check out both links now!
  8. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

Yep, count me as a SwiftKey fan. Actually, it's SwiftKeyX now. Got it free as an Amazon FAOTD.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  9. thomaswoodlick

thomaswoodlick New Member

I am also looking for a fat finger keyboard for my iphone 4s. I like the stuff of 15 Awesome Keyboards for Android. Please suggest me for iphone too.
  10. bassman1547

bassman1547 New Member

I like superkeyboard. Don't hear much about it on the forum. Highly customizable, prediction is darn good.resize your keys,etc. Try it. There is a pro version too, which is what I have. On fact, I have every pro version of just about every keyboard there is. Ha ha. Not ALL installed of course, just the one I like at tbe time.^ω^

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
  11. jssmith76

jssmith76 New Member

Yeah, I'm down with SwiftKey as well. Had it on my OG Droid, put it on the wife's Droid X, and since I purchased it, I was able to just download it and put it on my Bionic. Excellent keyboard for my fat fingers, and like it was stated before, the word prediction is outta this world.

This post is BIONIC!
  12. thomaswoodlick

thomaswoodlick New Member

Hi everybody, I got a fat finger keyboard for my iphone 4s from Fat Finger Keyboard | Keyboard for Fat Fingers | Touch Text App . But now i am looking for a fat finger keyboard for my brother's android. He has HTC Sensation XE phone and now he is also want fat finger keyboard for their phone. From your 15 Awesome Keyboards for Android, I like one Gingerbread Keyboard. Because its looking simple and free of cost. Can anybody here suggest me is this keyboard is best for HTC Sensation XE.

Thanks
    Thomas
  13. paynomind

paynomind New Member

I have Swype, Swiftkey, etc, etc.

The consistent problem I have is with the space bar and shift key. I need the space to be bigger. I type things with a V or B in between the words a LOT. I also hit shift when I meant to type the A.

Anyone know of a keyboard that would allow me to shrink or enlarge individual keys?
  14. tc1

tc1 Member

The SwiftKey 3 beta has a bigger space bar.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  15. jwd

jwd New Member

I've got huge hands and big fingers. I've always had difficulty with all cellphones. A stylus works best for me.
  16. ripper2860

ripper2860 Member

If you are a Swype fan -- Touchpal is a nice alternative. Its ability to discern the correct word despite sloppy swyping is quite impressive. And it's free.
  17. Jelem1880

Jelem1880 New Member

Try A.I. type keyboard, it is free in the play market. It is one of the best keyboards I have used so far.

18. bens42608

bens42608 New Member

I am starting to get extremely frustrated with using this virtual keyboard all the time. Coming from my og Droid at first I didn't kind it at all since the buttons are so big on my bionic but lately for some reason I can't type a whole text without a bunch of typos n I can't begin to explaint how annoying it is that ALL the time I miss the spacebar n there are periods or the letter n in between my words. Id be temptedto get a d4 ifit wasn't for the non-removeable battery. I can't believe they did that! Ignite gonna be non-removeable then it shouldbat least be as big as the maxx n they should not have tried it out on such anbimportant Droid device. If it had a removeable battery then I'd be getting it because I miss my physical keyboard bad. Irk y I am so annoyed by the virtual one so much lately but its making me crazy. They need to make a thin Droid with a paper thin keyboard and a removeable battery. Or at least make it a razr maxx w a keypads by I am losing it on the virtual thing today

19. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

Ben's, try a swype keyboard. I had the og Droid and thought I had to have a physical keyboard. Then I discovered swype and never went back to using the physical keyboard. It is so much faster and easier. People watch me and ask how I am typing bc they are so amazed that I am just swiping my finger across the keyboard. I am not sure if you after familiar with swype but all you do is place your finger on the first letter of the word you are typing and without taking your finger off the keyboard, you trace over the rest of the letters in your word. You don't even have to be exact in the letters you swipe over. Some swype apparently are better than others. I loved flex, worked great, was using the stock swype on this phone and it worked good and just recently started using go keyboard to try it out and I really like it. For much easier, quicker and more convenient than pecking each individual letter on a touch keyboard or a physical keyboard.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  20. bens42608

bens42608 New Member

Thanks for the advice, tismydroid. Yes, I've used swype b4... I didn't give it Much time tho. I'm gonna take ur advice n give it another try since I need a change. Ive been cool w the virtual for thepast 6 months but now I'm just sick of it. Idk... maybe I just never really got over my first Droid. I want an updated phone modeled after the original but with modern tingsnlike 4g bigger battery bigger screen gorilla glass etc

Search tags for this page
best android keyboard for fat fingers

best keyboard for droid bionic

bigger keyboard for droid bionic
bionic droid make keyboard larger
can the keyboard on a droid razor be enlarged
can the keyboard on a mototola razr maxx be enlarged?
droid bionic enlarged keyboard
droid razr hd keyboard maximize first letter
droid razr m when hitting keyboard space bat keypad enlarges
enlarge keyboard android
enlarged keyboard bionic
enlarged keypad on the bionic
galaxy s3 keyboard fat fingers
how to enlarge the keyboard on the droid bionic
keyboard for fat fingers samsung galaxy s3