Better keyboard app

OP
K

kkwan77

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that sometimes the txt box will retract as your typing and momentarily freeze before coming back up? :icon_eek:

I have not seen this on mine.

Yeah, maybe I am typing too fast or something, it's strange as it happens randomly.

Anyone know when the next update is coming out?

bobclift

Reaction score
Security

I wanted Better Keyboard. I paid and downloaded; however, during installation, I noticed the warning that this app could track all keystrokes, inc. credit card numbers, etc. As someone who can install a keyboard tracking software in my work environment when we suspect someone is misusing corporate equipment, I know this feature could represent a real identity theft threat. I'd like the app but this concerns me. Can anyone comment on the possibility that the vendor can capture all our emails, messages and other data entered by keystrokes? Thanks from a new user!

sam5828

Reaction score
I wanted Better Keyboard. I paid and downloaded; however, during installation, I noticed the warning that this app could track all keystrokes, inc. credit card numbers, etc. As someone who can install a keyboard tracking software in my work environment when we suspect someone is misusing corporate equipment, I know this feature could represent a real identity theft threat. I'd like the app but this concerns me. Can anyone comment on the possibility that the vendor can capture all our emails, messages and other data entered by keystrokes? Thanks from a new user!
what do you think the stock one does? same thing

bobclift

Reaction score
I wonder about that too but at least one point that lowers the risk of the OEM keyboard is just that - it's not a third party app - and you aren't sending your keystrokes to who knows where.

If this isn't a concern for you, no problem at all. I just wondered if others on the forum may have a security solution - or if it's just legal language and there's really no cabability to send out keystokes to the vendor.

mersh21

Reaction score
It is cool that you can skin the keyboard, but I had it for a bit on my Eris and then had it on my Droid and I found it to be laggy...although the stock virtual keyboard isn't very pretty...IMO it types much faster and is more accurate.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I just downloaded it and love it, altho even at lowest volume setting for keypresses its it a little loud, wish they had a mute option on the keypad itself..

r314bd

Reaction score
The T9 is garbage. HTC IME keyboard is significantly better IMHO...and free

brukbrain

Reaction score
is there a way to turn down the "pop" sound it makes whenever you hit a letter?