Better Email

joefuf

Reaction score
Of all the things I love my smartphone for, I really enjoy being able to get email on the road. I have three accounts and use it so many times a day that it really is one of my most used tools. Before I had my Droid I was using my iPod Touch to check my email when I wasn't in front of a computer. I feel like doing this now is kind of pointless because I just invested in a smartphone, but the thing I can't stand is that when I read an email, I can't save it anywhere. I'm pretty organized, keeping an individual folder for all the mail that I get, but because there's no archiving option in the default email client, I have to check my mail and then wait til I log into my laptop again to check my inbox again and save the messages to their proper folders.

Is there a better email client out there in the market right now that provides this function and syncs up to my folders while letting me save messages to specific ones?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use K9 which I feel is better that stock. Since you want to save to different folders, I think you should look at Touchdown. It is a paid app.

Mike

OP
J

joefuf

Reaction score
I will check Touchdown out. Does it support AOL and GMail as well as Exchange?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe it will handle Gmail and Exchange not sure about AOL but my sense is it will. When you review the app in the Market look for the link to the developers site to see what services the app will support.

Mike

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a better email client out there in the market right now that provides this function and syncs up to my folders while letting me save messages to specific ones?
Folder support is going to depend on your email account as well as the app. E.g. you won't folder support at all for POP accounts.

I will check Touchdown out. Does it support AOL and GMail as well as Exchange?
There's a list of supported email servers on the Nitrodesk site:
http://www.nitrodesk.com/