better email app-droid 2

j1999t

Reaction score
just got my droid 2 on monday, and i switched from a blackberry, im looking for a better email app than the one that comes with the phone, its a little to big in size of how it displays the emails...

any suggestions?

can be free or paid...

OP
J

j1999t

Reaction score
It can't be for an exchange server, touchdown won't work for my needs, it needs to be pop3

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

solar

Reaction score
K-9 is one of the best out there. that would be my recomendation also.

Ski-me

Reaction score
K9. I love it.

Second the K9. I use K9 for my personal (Imap) account mail and Touchdown for my work (Corporate Exchange Server) account mail.

Another one I tried was MailDroid. Worked pretty good but started getting ads in the emails. Might be able to eliminate if you purchased MailDroid....don't know.

I've been using K-9 on two phones and I have two email accounts within K9.

GenerousKing

Reaction score
Better Email Apps for Droid2

Like ski-me, I use Touchdown for my business MS Exchange Server and K9 for my personal accounts. Both work extremely well. The email app that comes with the Droid2 does not work well, and does not have enough depth or flexibility. Never could get it to work well. TD is ~$20 and K9 is shareware. Can't beat that. TD w/Exchange also substitutes for stock Calendar and Contacts applications, and does a much better job with that too. Finally, it syncs with Outlook tasks.

M

Mwsr

I use maildroid and don't get any ads and its not paid. It takes forever to open emails though

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

DFlo

Reaction score
Came from a BB as well. Just moved to TouchDown from the stock app and absolutely love it! dancedroid Haven't tried K9, though.

piffey

Reaction score
APG works with K9 as well, making it the only e-mail app on Android with encryption support. If you use that sort of thing for business.