Betcha ain't seen one of these in a while

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I tend to keep old phones around as backups and when they get really old to let my Grandkids play with them.

While rooting through the junk drawer the other day, I discovered this, and it still works. My first Android. DroidX. Think it's got a JRummy ROM on it.

DXLives_1_zpsqjf5n7ch.jpg

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
My first Android! Loved that phone!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This was my 3rd android. G1, OG Droid, then the X. Loved that phone. I'd say that was my first "big" screened phone. I keep old ones around as well for a spare, but I've got a bit of a bleeding heart. Gave the X to a cute girl I worked with before I met my wife. Haha!

OP
cynkrzy

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
That phone & The DroidX forum are responsible for a whole bunch of fun & learning. (and maybe some less than productive hours at work)

Some may remember how scared I was to root it. I literally posted step by step as I was doing it... :rolleyes:

I look at it now and it seems so tiny by comparison. When it booted to CLockworkMod after it charged I giggled. Good Times for sure.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
DX was my first Android. That was a great phone. I sold it to offset my thunderbolt.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Had one of those between my two HTC Incredibles 1/2, if it wasn't for that version of Blur I might have kept it for a while...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I actually liked that version of blur fairly well. I especially liked the Twitter and Facebook widgets. They'd only show you the posts you hadn't already swiped through on them, so you knew you were caught up and hadn't missed anything. Especially when they first started trying to push "top stories" on Facebook.

I want to read what I've missed, not the same crap that keeps popping up on my feed because people keep commenting on it/liking it. But I digress.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That's awesome cynkrzy, thanks for sharing! I typically keep mine around as well, but I'm currently a single phone owner ATM. I donated my gently used S3 to a buddy on the S3 forums. He used it for a few months and after buying a new device, donated it to another friend of ours on the S3 forums. It's still being used to this day. (Although the charging port is on its last leg, it's been one hecuva device for 3 hardcore users for nearly 4 years now)
Just last week I donated my first true Android device (Galaxy S Fascinate) to a friend in need. That was tough to let that one go, but it's got a good home now and still runs like a top. (Albeit a rather slow top) :)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Last device of my own I held onto was my gnex, which I gave to my cousin in may. He's already just about destroyed it. He's not getting another free phone from me. We still have the wife's S3 and I gave her my old S4 when I got the Note 4. Still trying to decide the Note's fate when I get the 6P. First option is I'll let my wife try it for a while, though she's convinced she wants a very small phone instead of a very large one, so we'll see how that goes. Next is to finish paying off the Edge payments and keep it as a very decent spare. Third and most economical option is to put it on Swappa and try to get what I still owe on the Edge plan on it (and a little more, if I can).

Will likely go with option 2 though.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Speaking of donating, I've still got the Inc 2, internally perfect, but screen / glass got a big scratch from being a dogs hockey puck on the kitchen tile, and my GNex, I'd forgotten that one...

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
That was my first Android phone as well. Man I loved that thing. I came off of an LG Dare, was so excited to hear that Verizon was finally getting some Android devices. I couldn't get the first Droid as I was still a few months away from my contract being up, but by the time it was up for renewal, the Droid X was about to be released.

I remember how huge the screen was at the time! The thing seemed so unwieldy at first but quickly got used to it. And yes, there were some widgets on the X that I wish would've carried over. I then "upgraded" to the GNex...and now on a Moto X.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I still got my OG Droid collecting dust shelf. Still boots and got CM on it

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still have my OG Droid laying around somewhere. It was still booting up the last time I tried. Was running a version of Sapphire still.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk