Beta version vs regular app question

raven1911

Reaction score
Well I am on the road to find a home program for myself and have tried a few of them, pandahome being the most stable. I installed home++ and within 5 min of playing around with it it absolutely froze my phone. I had to take the battery out while it was running to reboot it. I like the app but if its not gonna be stable I can't run it. Anyone else have this problem? I would like to try the new one, GDE, I believe its called. I have heard people having problems with that as well. Looks like I am with pandahome for a bit.

I am new to this platform so can someone tell me the difference between a beta program and a normal version of an app? Will a program be more stable in beta?

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
I am new to this platform so can someone tell me the difference between a beta program and a normal version of an app? Will a program be more stable in beta?

Other way around, a beta version is usually less stable because it's still under development. You can also look at the version number of the app. If it's less than 1.0 e.g., 0.72, that means that the developer considers it to be incomplete.

As you might expect, some developers are more disciplined about their development process than others so one persons "beta" equals another persons "finished product". A beta version is their opportunity to put it out there and get people using it and giving feedback, reporting bugs, etc., but be aware that if you load a beta version the developers doesn't consider it to be finished and there might still be bugs in it.