[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

creaky

Reaction score
Besides the fixes, any of your revnumbers users seeing performance improvements?

clouse2013

Reaction score
Besides the fixes, any of your revnumbers users seeing performance improvements?

shouldnt really see any difference in performance between rev's nightiles and the rom manager ones as rev's nightlies are just the same version with the fixes added in.

PARick

Reaction score
Battery life definitely better. I would say almost twice as much!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

creaky

Reaction score

That's what I like to hear! Otherwise, why bother with "unofficial" nightlies seeing as Razorloves' all-in-one fix takes, what, 7 seconds to install? Will be making a backup and checking this out!

clouse2013

Reaction score
That's what I like to hear! Otherwise, why bother with "unofficial" nightlies seeing as Razorloves' all-in-one fix takes, what, 7 seconds to install? Will be making a backup and checking this out!

I just like Rohe unofficial nightlies better because there's much more Support. Like the battery problem for instance. How long will that take to get in the official nightlies? They don't really give us any device specific fixes like the unofficial ones do.

clouse2013

Reaction score

And thank 13th Angel for figuring out that fix for the bahttery. Fixed it on all 2nd init roms. My battery is easily lasting through the day now.

creaky

Reaction score
I just like Rohe unofficial nightlies better because there's much more Support. Like the battery problem for instance. How long will that take to get in the official nightlies? They don't really give us any device specific fixes like the unofficial ones do.

What's a Rohe unofficial nightly? Same as the ones posted on revnumbers' site?

Phelgon

Reaction score
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) Reboot into Recovery

2.) Navigate to "mounts and storage"

3.) Format System.

4.) Format Data.

5.) Format Cache.

6.) Mount System

7.) Press Power button to go back to previous menu. Select "install zip from sdcard", then "choose zip from sdcard." Select the cm7 zip and install it. Install GApps.

8.) You'll get a Radio Install error during the installation. This is normal. Ignore the error and reboot the phone back into recovery.

9.) Install the zip file again. This time the radio should install correctly. At this point, you can optionally install the Camera/YouTube fix zip file. Reboot the phone again.

10.) Enjoy Cyanogenmod7 for Droid X.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't have option 2, it just says wipe data/factory reset (which still leaves a ton of crap if I look in the stock "files" app)

Also, I don't have that option for step 7, it's just apply sdcard:update.zip. Do I need to rename the CM to update.zip?

megawatz

Reaction score
Even though it's still my first day using CM7, I'm having an issue changing font sizes. Liberty came with an option to change the font size, and now it's a big deal to me. I LOVE having a smaller font. Any way I can change this?

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Im looking at unofficial nighties and ok trying to figure which gapps.zip I should download anyone know I'm lost cause theirs so many to pick

izzo540

Reaction score
No after you flash it initially you should be able to flash over it and it will be there. When flashing the nightlies I clear dalvik cache and battery stats then I flash to the nightly. I usually don't even experience an initial boot hang but if u do a battery pull takes care of it. Clearing the regular cache gave me a hang today I think.