[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for the Droid X

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Another question... I'm going on a long road trip in two weeks. I'm going to go buy that cardock thing today. I was curious about the app before I went and purchased this thing and its not listed in my app drawer and its not in bloat freezer... Does cm7 not support it?

Sent from my Supercharged Chainfired Cyanogenated DROID X @1.25

OP
phalstead

phalstead

Reaction score
Another question... I'm going on a long road trip in two weeks. I'm going to go buy that cardock thing today. I was curious about the app before I went and purchased this thing and its not listed in my app drawer and its not in bloat freezer... Does cm7 not support it?

If I recall correctly, the app is there its just not in the drawer. Open up TitaniumBackup or something similar, find the Car Home app in the list. Mine had two. One of them will have an option to launch the app. Once you launch it from there, it SHOULD appear in your app drawer.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Blacksantron

Reaction score

If I recall correctly, the app is there its just not in the drawer. Open up TitaniumBackup or something similar, find the Car Home app in the list. Mine had two. One of them will have an option to launch the app. Once you launch it from there, it SHOULD appear in your app drawer.

Weird... Doesn't show up in both titanium and bloat freezer... Guess I can download it from market? Maybe try a different app... Thanks
Edit: k just searched for car home in the market. Found it. But the option to download or install isn't there... Third party it is I guess

Last edited:

saywhaa

Reaction score

Weird... Doesn't show up in both titanium and bloat freezer... Guess I can download it from market? Maybe try a different app... Thanks
Edit: k just searched for car home in the market. Found it. But the option to download or install isn't there... Third party it is I guess

weird my car home has been there from day 1. back your stuff up, wipe and reinstall.

James_W

Reaction score
Car Home has been there for me too. But I am currently using Custom Car Home because it will auto turn on the gps when it is docked and turn it off[most the time]. It was one of the few that would do it when I was running stock Gingerbread, so I've just stuck with it for now.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to change the pull down text? I tried Liberty Toolbox but it doesn't work. I thought maybe CM7 would have a setting somewhere or something.

I also was wondering about changing the lockscreen theme.

CM74DX

you can use Root Tools from jrummy. It's great :)
Thats ok. I already bought Liberty Toolbox Pro, so I don't want to have to buy another program to do what Toolbox Pro should do. That and I just got laid off today, so I don't want to spend anymore money on my phone.

creaky

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, Brad. Hope you find rewarding work soon....

Blacksantron

Reaction score
So just left verizon... Got the cardock and a car charger. Ready for my road trip! This thing is coooooool. Now then I'm trying out Waze for navigation. Seems alright for free! Also thanks for the tip on Custom Car Home. Since I still can't find the stock car home. Thanks

meshdub

Reaction score
@Blacksantron I'm just curious, what did you pay for the charger? I remember I was going to get it and it had a ridiculous price at Verizon. Ended up ordering a legit Motorola charger from Amazon for like 4 or 5 bucks :D

Blacksantron

Reaction score
@Blacksantron I'm just curious, what did you pay for the charger? I remember I was going to get it and it had a ridiculous price at Verizon. Ended up ordering a legit Motorola charger from Amazon for like 4 or 5 bucks :D

Darn. 5 bucks?! Unfortunately I don't have time to wait for shipping as I'm leaving sooooon. Anyways.
The car dock alone was priced at 39.99 (i complained that that was a bit much for some plastic and a suction cup. Lady seemed to agree.) I stated that I went on the motorola website and they had docks with a charger for 49.99 (i made that up :) ) so now I'm looking at 39.99 for the dock and 29.99 for the charger (charger is coooooool though. Can do two devices at once)
I hemmed and hawed a bit saying I couldn't justify that crazy price. She then said well, "i can offer 25% off if you buy 2 items." (which would bring it closer to my made up price of 49.99) I said ok lets do it. While at the register she looked over my account and said she "found more discounts." I said "i like discounts." she brought my total to 51.69 for the dock and charger.
Yeah still alot to me but I feel alright haggling vzw, the bastards. :p

Gerane

Reaction score
Well, got my SD card problem fixed. Had to tranfer everything off, reformat it, then transfer everything back. Back to working now.

Am running the 35 nightly, and am having terrible battery life. After 4 hours I was down to 5% battery. 4 hour battery life with normal usage. Normally get 20-30 hours at the same usage amount running a different rom. I am even running less apps and widgets. Im hoping it gets better, as this battery life is going to be rough.

Btw, if anyone wants to know, im not OCing or anything like that.

PARick

Reaction score
Well, got my SD card problem fixed. Had to tranfer everything off, reformat it, then transfer everything back. Back to working now.

Am running the 35 nightly, and am having terrible battery life. After 4 hours I was down to 5% battery. 4 hour battery life with normal usage. Normally get 20-30 hours at the same usage amount running a different rom. I am even running less apps and widgets. Im hoping it gets better, as this battery life is going to be rough.

Btw, if anyone wants to know, im not OCing or anything like that.

Wow! Thought mine was bad. I am getting 10% per hour with medium to lite usage. Love the ROM, but battery life may cause me to switch. I install each nightlie in hopes that it will improve. May have to try Chevy's new build once it is done.

barski

Reaction score
I'm also on nightly 35 and the battery life is worse than 34, but better than 33.

Right now im at 8hours 1 minute and sitting at 39%, with light use. cell stand by again is at 66%.

If you want good battery life go to 34.