1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Beta audio book player!

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by wtpclc, Jan 4, 2010.

1. wtpclc

wtpclc New Member

Overdrive.com has a beta app for audio books. Just got it today. So far, so good. I use it for libray downloads. Uses mp3 format. Don't know if it can be used for all mp3 audio books or nto, but I know people have been loooking for audio book apps, so I thought i'd pass it on. The beta is free. The PC version is free, so I don't think they'd charge when the real version comes out.
  2. Erich_F

Erich_F New Member

I'm going to cancel my Audible account if they don't spit out an app for Android soon. I know they have an iDon't app.
  3. Jay

Jay New Member

yeah, i contacted audible about it and they are developing but no info on release at all.

installing overdrive today
  4. necromaster

necromaster New Member

The reply I got from Audible was to contact the droid app developers and push them. Someone suggested using soundtaxi to convert their .aa files to mp3 and use astro player.
  5. GreenLi

GreenLi New Member

I use MelodyCan to convert audiobook and can play it in any player))dancedroid
  6. Graikos

Graikos New Member

Audible

I have contacted Audible about this. I Was told soon. That was it. But tonight I found the beta version and installed it. I am now in the process of downloading some of my library. So I cannot comment on any problems. The beta is in Google Groups. Here is the address.
    http://groups.google.com/group/audible-for-android-beta?hl=en

This may be old news but i figured I would put it up anyway. :)
    This is a fantasic forum. I found it today and the information here is incredible. Thanks and I hope this helps.

Graikos
    Moto Droid 2.1
  7. rehuxley

rehuxley New Member

Just downloaded the audible app. I am sure there are some bugs in this early release but this is going to be my favorite app on android.
Search tags for this page

droid apps audio book player