Best Weather app?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
WeatherBug - paid elite version!!!!!

(its so organized, sweet elite widget, radar, alerts...)

Kensington

Reaction score
I agree with the WeatherBug Elite recommendation. From what I've seen, it has the most map overlays (including lightning strikes) and the animated radar is much less buggy than some of the other options. The app also provides several different widgets for outlooks, alerts and radar. A variety of customization options are also available. It has served me well for tracking wind conditions, storm fronts and other info that I frequently access while kayaking and sailing.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use Beautiful Widgets and the Unpaid Weatherbug.

I don't see any special feature that would make me want the elite version especially since the comments are fairly negative on the widget part.

SteveC

Reaction score
There are three good ones I use all the time.

Weatherbug Elite- This has the best and biggest map, fills the screen. The widgets can be slow to load.

Radar Now- not a forecast app, but gives the NWS radar and current conditions

Palmary Weather- This is the best overall. It has the most data, about 10 different maps, forecasts out to 15 days. It's only drawback is that the maps are just a bit small.

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have both BW and Weatherbug Elite - I like BW for what the widget/smaller home screen looks like, but have WB Elite on a separate page and have built in several different locations (as I travel too much . . .I mean alot :)) and like to scroll between the various cities I am traveling to (in advance).

Both are good and like them both.

Moondonkey

Reaction score
I have tried most of the weather apps... and I have found that a Beautiful Widgets/ Radar Now combo fits all my needs.

BW gives me the forecast and temps...

and If I need a good look at the live radar, I fire up Radar Now.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
+1 for WeatherBug Elite...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Palmary is terrific - thank for the tip - wish they had a widget.

There are three good ones I use all the time.

Weatherbug Elite- This has the best and biggest map, fills the screen. The widgets can be slow to load.

Radar Now- not a forecast app, but gives the NWS radar and current conditions

Palmary Weather- This is the best overall. It has the most data, about 10 different maps, forecasts out to 15 days. It's only drawback is that the maps are just a bit small.

KevinJ

Reaction score
Funny that I just saw this topic pop up, because I was looking for something better than the Weather Channel app I have.

Specifically, I was looking for something that would send out alerts when there is severe weather. I've got NOAA weather radios at home, but when I'm not there I'd like to be alerted as to severe storms, etc.

toddegreene

Reaction score
Weather Bug Elite does alerts.

Funny that I just saw this topic pop up, because I was looking for something better than the Weather Channel app I have.

Specifically, I was looking for something that would send out alerts when there is severe weather. I've got NOAA weather radios at home, but when I'm not there I'd like to be alerted as to severe storms, etc.

number6

Reaction score
The Weather Channel app has severe weather alerts; in fact, I had to turn mine off. I live in Delaware and was getting tired of getting Flood Alerts for the Jersey coast!

KevinJ

Reaction score
Honestly, I hadn't looked at Weatherbug, because of the problems people have using it on computers. I figured the same crap was happening on mobile as well. But I will look into it.

I was thinking the other day it would be extremely cool (for me anyway) to have an app that sent out different messages for watches and warnings. My plan was to get some Star Trek sounds of "Yellow Alert" and "Red Alert" for the respective watch/warning.