Best Way to Use iTunes

bump47

Reaction score
I am a mac owner and I would love to get several of my itunes songs onto my droid and use ringdroid to make ringtones. I'm trying to figure out which application is best for this. I have heard isyncr and doubletwist mentioned. Any advice or recommendations as to which application i should use?

pkdesigns

Reaction score
Finder.

Go into itunes, command click a song, click show in finder. Copy and paste all files you want to a folder on your droid's memory card. Open ringdroid and make the tones.

OP
B

bump47

Reaction score
I thought droid wouldnt recogmoze it because it is a mac product? but you can just drop it in, say, the "music" file?

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought droid wouldnt recogmoze it because it is a mac product? but you can just drop it in, say, the "music" file?
you can make a music folder if there isnt one yet. then put music there. but as for playlists...

pkdesigns

Reaction score

iTunes wont recognize your droid.
Your Mac will. I run a Macbook, and although I can't sync through iTunes, I can always drag and drop music into my Music folder whenever I want, and it shows up immediately.

Penguissimo

Reaction score
You might also like TuneSync. It's a bit slow as it uses WiFi, but it handles playlists pretty nicely from what I can tell.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought droid wouldnt recogmoze it because it is a mac product?
The Droid doesn't need to recognize anything. Your Mac just needs to recognize the Droid's SD card as a USB mass storage device (like a thumb drive, basically).

Now, if you don't want to drag-and-drop and want a syncing solution you'll need some sort of third party application. However, it doesn't sound like that's what you're looking for if you just want to make some ringtones.

Droidee

Reaction score
Quick question if you don't mind? I need to know if putting my regular music into my music folder, will allow me to listen to it in the car via usb.

dgonz

Reaction score
Quick question if you don't mind? I need to know if putting my regular music into my music folder, will allow me to listen to it in the car via usb.

The Droid's USB port doesn't have audio out. You'll need an aux cord to plug into the headphone port on the Droid or sync it up via bluetooth.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Mac. I used Double Twist but there are some flaws with that. I just go into the folder that contains my iTunes music and drag and drop. Works great.

Reaction score
What about file protection?
Most of my favorite songs are DRM and I can drag and drop but the droid don't see them.
I know I can copy to a CD and then copy back, but what a pain.

korp

Reaction score
I am a mac owner and I would love to get several of my itunes songs onto my droid and use ringdroid to make ringtones. I'm trying to figure out which application is best for this. I have heard isyncr and doubletwist mentioned. Any advice or recommendations as to which application i should use?
I like doubletwist because it shows you what you have on itunes with playlists and can just pick what you want.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried double twist in a while but will it let me copy large quantities of music like oh say 10.53gb? Last tome I tried it just sat there doing nothing