Best way to transfer pics on TB to computer

chukeee

Reaction score
If u got Bluetooth on your computer you can transfer that way. Works great for me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
My girlfriend uses photo bucket or picassa and every pic she takes automatically is uploaded online.

RICHPK

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I seem to have a problem communicating the problem. I tried to make sure before buying the Thunderbolt that photos to PC was a simple one step process. I was assured that it appears as a drive upon plug-in. I find the on-line manual to be incorrect. If I plug in the phone and select the DISK DRIVE option I do not see my photos. I get a folder called VERIZON MOBILE. In that folder are 2 others, DRV and IMG. Neither contains the photos nor the DCIM folder where they are stored. I have to use the option called MEDEA SYNC. This opens a pop up window with 3 options: Open device to view files using Windows Explorer, Sync Digital Medea Files to this Device Using Medea Player, Take no action. I select the first option, Open Device...... This opens an instance of Windows Explorer and the correct folder External Storage Device. If I open another instance of explorer it shows the parent folder My HTC Phone. This seems a convoluted process as well as not conforming to the instruction manual that specifies the DISK DRIVE option after plug in.

There is another sign that something is wrong. I use Paint Shop Pro to mess with my photos. But PSP does not "see" the MY HTC PHONE folder. Neither does IRFANVIEW.

Larry's reply is at the heart of the problem..... locating the DCIM. Why do I have to use the SYNC option? recDNA may have the best answer but it is just a patch for something that should be built into the TB.

Using Windows XP with all updates.

PS: Also cannot view the files in thumbnail mode. Is there an app/patch for that?

thanks,

Rich

wheelieInCali

Reaction score
I think I may have had a similar problem. From home screen, press menu >> settings >> Connect to PC. I had the default connection type to be disk drive. That caused problems with Verizon wanting to install their management software which makes easy tasks complicated. I set the default connection type to charge only and checked the box to ask me every time I connect to a PC. When I connect it and asks, I select disk drive, ignore any verizon prompts to install software, and open the SD card from "My Computer." After that, it's as easy as navigating to the folder noted above then drag and drop the pics onto your PC. Hope that helps.

RICHPK

Reaction score
My default is charge only and ask me. When I connect I get the menu but no prompts to install any software. If I select disk drive, I can find a folder in "My computer" called Verizon Mobile as described in my earlier post. I guess I'll have to get some Verizon store to
plug my phone into one of their computers and see what happens. I have tried using 3 different XP computers with the same results.

Another problem is that once disk drive is selected, ther eis no way to go back to make another selection except to unplug and start over.
Very poor software.

Question: Can you see the Verizon folder in any other applications? I can't, as noted above and suspect that is another symptom of the problem.