Best way to root droid x 2.2

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
ran my back up now. so im pretty safe to learn the benefits of rooted devices? i want to see what all the fuss is over roms and stuff. thanks for your help and not being a Edited by Moderator like a lot of people on forums are when it comes to tech impaired wannabes like myself

Last edited by a moderator:

detox

Reaction score
No problem. Two roms I would suggest are apeX1.0 and rubiX1.6. ApeX is on rom manager but rubiX you will have to download from the forums and copy it to your SD card and install it from clockwork. I use rubiX but I've also used apeX. Both are top notch but I like the blackjuice1.6 theme with rubiX. Its sweet. There are tutorials on YouTube if you think that would help. That's how I first learned

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
thanks. one last dumb question.... what are the most beneficial things about roms?

detox

Reaction score
thanks. one last dumb question.... what are the most beneficial things about roms?

I love that rubiX and apeX removed so much of the bloatware and freed up a lot of internal memory. I went from 76mb free on stock froyo to 142mb on rubiX

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
cool. lol... also now that i am rooted i am able to delete factory apps right? if so is that done from astro file manager?

detox

Reaction score
cool. lol... also now that i am rooted i am able to delete factory apps right? if so is that done from astro file manager?

Yes you can but be very careful what you delete. You can screw your phone by deleting the wromg files. I use root explorer so im not really familiar with astro but i imagine they work the same way.

That what's nice about custom roms is that they delete alot of the worthless garbage you phone doesn't need.

I also wanted to tell you about set cpu. Its an app that allows you to control your overclock settings into different profiles. It works in conjunction with the oc app you have.

Drocap will allow you to take screen shots of your phone like the one I posted for you a few pages back.

I would also download titanium backup. I'm sure you can figure out what that does

Quadrant standard will let you see you overclocking scores by running a test. That way you can determine which oc setting is best for you. I myself run ultra low voltage @ 1.25 but test it out and see what works best for you. The wrong setting can lead to rebooted so don't be alrmed if your phone spontaneously reboots.

Any other questions feel free to ask

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
thanks i really appreciate it. i'll relax tonight, but you may hear from me in the future.

detox

Reaction score
No problem. Anytime. If you get confused or unsure, Google it and you should be able to find the answer. If not you can pm me and i can give you my email or phone number so i can hopefully assist you

obamatime

Reaction score
Im rooted using the 1click z mod app from the market and when I use a wireless tether app my ps3
detects nothing anymore wtf somebody help me out

DMFA

Reaction score
I used RootMyX2. It's a one-click PC-based app. I don't have a link to it offhand...

I had to mess with mine back when I did it to get the USB debugging on...for some reason, it would only do it in mass storage mode instead of PC mode. Weird.

detox

Reaction score
Im rooted using the 1click z mod app from the market and when I use a wireless tether app my ps3
detects nothing anymore wtf somebody help me out

Sorry. Don't know anything about the ps3. Can't help you there.