Best way to root after 2.2.1 update?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by FusionSaint, Dec 11, 2010.

1. FusionSaint

FusionSaint New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, I unrooted my phone after I had some issues and went back to stock 2.2, I was planning on re-rooting but I ended up getting the update so I figured I would try it out. I was wondering what the best way to root 2.2.1 is. I've read a few threads with people talking about a few on the one click solutions, but I've heard about a lot of problems. So I was wondering what the best way for 2.2.1 is. Thanks for the advice in advance?

2. Railrider

Railrider New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The ONLY way I found that works to date...

Just follow the instructions here to the letter...not to complicated and it does work, I was in the FRG83D test group so I reverted to a stock rom to get the update( Thought it was going to be Gingerbread ) and obviously I lost root access, Done a lot of searching, tried easyroot and Z4...no dice!!! Followed these instructions and got my root access back and I'm now running MIUI...IT'S THE FREAKIN BOMB!!! dancedroid

Link= http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

Enjoy and I hope this helps!!

3. ballmore

ballmore Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Go to XDA-Developers and download Super One Click Root to your computer. It's a little easier. It should only take about 5 minutes to root your Droid.