1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Best way to root after 2.2.1 update?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by FusionSaint, Dec 11, 2010.

1. FusionSaint

FusionSaint New Member

Hey guys, I unrooted my phone after I had some issues and went back to stock 2.2, I was planning on re-rooting but I ended up getting the update so I figured I would try it out. I was wondering what the best way to root 2.2.1 is. I've read a few threads with people talking about a few on the one click solutions, but I've heard about a lot of problems. So I was wondering what the best way for 2.2.1 is. Thanks for the advice in advance?
  2. Railrider

Railrider New Member

The ONLY way I found that works to date...

Just follow the instructions here to the letter...not to complicated and it does work, I was in the FRG83D test group so I reverted to a stock rom to get the update( Thought it was going to be Gingerbread ) and obviously I lost root access, Done a lot of searching, tried easyroot and Z4...no dice!!! Followed these instructions and got my root access back and I'm now running MIUI...IT'S THE FREAKIN BOMB!!! dancedroid

Link= http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

Enjoy and I hope this helps!!
  3. ballmore

ballmore New Member

Go to XDA-Developers and download Super One Click Root to your computer. It's a little easier. It should only take about 5 minutes to root your Droid.