Best way to play drm itunes music on droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by searayman, Dec 27, 2009.

1. searayman

searayman New Member

I have a large library of itunes music and want to know the best way to get the songs to work on my droid
  2. tbever

tbever New Member

It depends if these are purchased from itunes and are DRM'd or not. If they are DRM'd it is a bit of a hassle. You either have to pay to get unDRM'd songs from Itunes or get DRM removal software.

Top 5 DRM Removal Programs - Best DRM Removal Software

I bought soundtaxi pro (about 26.00) yesterday to listen to audible books on the Droid. It converts faster than realtime but still kind of slow. You can batch convert your songs however so you could leave your computer going for a few hours/days to convert your music to mp3's. I am not sure about the ID tags since I just tried audible books.

If they are just mp3's from ripped CD's without DRM you can just copy them to the Droid directly and play them.

To transfer to the droid you can copy them to the SD card either with USB cable and make a directory on the SD card called music, if there is not one there already and just copy them over. There are other solutions for syncing itunes but I have not tried them.

A more elegant way is to connect your Droid to your home network by wifi and then mount the SD as a network drive. There is an excellent thread about doing this here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/5616-howto-wifi-mount-your-droid.html

This way you don't have to use the stupid cable and you can just copy the files to the droid wirelessly. Read the help thread referenced at the bottom of that post about setting this up.

Good luck!
  3. tdawg5480

tdawg5480 New Member

ok so if he purchased the song cant he legally download it from music online app on market or i music tao? just a thought ....it seems like a grey area...could be faster than converting and placing on sd
  4. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar New Member

Not sure but I don't see problem obtaining another copy if you already paid for it.

But if you paid for itunes DRM music you should probably just use some conversion software, since the itunes version is probably higher quality than most of the pirated copies you will find on the internet. There may be some free software to do the converting, I'm not sure.

If I already bought the songs, I surely wouldn't pay for them again just so I could get an unprotected version for my DROID, that is just stupid. Don't you guys love how DRM devices these days force you to re-buy your songs for each device?

We are not allowed to discuss pirated material here, but in my opinion I would find a free method to get my songs to the Droid. You already bought your songs once, don't let them make you do it again!
  5. tdawg5480

tdawg5480 New Member

I agree it wasnt in reference to piracy downloading songs you dont own is.....but since he owns them it would not be piracy...quality might be lower but thats why I got dvd indash for nice hd sound :) cant wait till bluray indash players come out hehehe
  6. entrepreneur

entrepreneur New Member

You can move ur iTunes playlist to Android phone directly i guess. If the files' format is not right, iTunes can convert them for free ...
  7. larrybl

larrybl New Member

I suggest to go with TunesReflex
Search tags for this page
drm music on android
drm music player android
how to play drm itunes on android

how to play drm music on android

how to play itunes drm music on android

how to transfer drm music to android

itunes to android drm music

play drm itunes on android