Best way to organize music?

Zyph

Reaction score
I've been having issues getting my music to be organized on my Droid the way I want it. It seems like most of the time, the songs belonging to one album get split between two or three album folders with the same name when viewing them in the Droid's default music app and Winamp as well. In addition, compilation albums are a mess. I've tried doubleTwist but that didn't help at all. I've been using Google Music which is better but I don't like having only some of my music offline. I can't seem to store the my music I do keep offline on my 16GB SD card either.

In short, I'm really frustrated with music organization and management on the Droid. Not to sound like an Apple fanboy, because I'm really really not, but before I got my Droid I was using an iPod touch and keeping my music organized and my album art updated was really easy, and I wish I could find something as simple for Droid.

So how do you guys go about organizing music?

Also on a semi-related note, is there a way to make the Google Music widget 4x1? 3x1 widgets are annoying.

REMilk

Reaction score
I only have problems with album's being split is when the 'album' tag the individual track has a variation of the Album name. I just edit the offending tags and all music appears under the same album.

I have a Droid 3 with 16 GB internal storage (called media area) and a 16GB external SD card, I, too, find that the music that is 'made available offline; aka downloaded find that when you move music from the cloud to offline, it is stored on the internal 'media area'. I just use a file manager and manually move the music to the external SD card, it only takes a couple of minutes.

Bob

Epic

Reaction score
Hi Zyph and Bob I also have the same Issue. This is my 2nd smartphone I owned and I'm also having this same issue. Can you guys please explain in an easy way how I can fix this? If possible?