1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

BEST way to increase battery life?? any tips?

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by Scarface9609, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Scarface9609

Scarface9609 New Member

i know that set cpu helps but im also not sure if i need kings kernel and also how to set up cpu so it will be at its most efficient. a little help please?
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

turn down display. thats a big one.
  3. droider4life

droider4life New Member

4. rmart88

rmart88 New Member

Check out this thread.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/47871-overclocking-101-a.html

Its pretty long, but WELL worth the read. the First post is mainly background info so you understand what you are doing by Overclocking. The second explains how to use SetCPU to its full potential to increase Battery life AND Performance. Also, if you are uncomfortable flashing new kernals/ROMs, do a search on how to threads for those, its really pretty easy.
  5. callverizon

callverizon New Member

"App Killer" free app from marketplace

One very low tech way to increase your battery life is to install "App Killer" from the app store. When I bought my phone, the salesperson let me know that evidently droids tend to spontaneously run a lot of apps simultaneously in the background thereby using up the battery.

Tap the app killer a few times a day to close any unwanted apps / programs that are running.
  6. droider4life

droider4life New Member

Task Killers... The Answer from Google & Developers. - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum