BEST way to increase battery life?? any tips?

Scarface9609

Reaction score
i know that set cpu helps but im also not sure if i need kings kernel and also how to set up cpu so it will be at its most efficient. a little help please?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
turn down display. thats a big one.

rmart88

Reaction score
Check out this thread.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/47871-overclocking-101-a.html

Its pretty long, but WELL worth the read. the First post is mainly background info so you understand what you are doing by Overclocking. The second explains how to use SetCPU to its full potential to increase Battery life AND Performance. Also, if you are uncomfortable flashing new kernals/ROMs, do a search on how to threads for those, its really pretty easy.

callverizon

Reaction score
"App Killer" free app from marketplace

One very low tech way to increase your battery life is to install "App Killer" from the app store. When I bought my phone, the salesperson let me know that evidently droids tend to spontaneously run a lot of apps simultaneously in the background thereby using up the battery.

Tap the app killer a few times a day to close any unwanted apps / programs that are running.

droider4life

Reaction score
One very low tech way to increase your battery life is to install "App Killer" from the app store. When I bought my phone, the salesperson let me know that evidently droids tend to spontaneously run a lot of apps simultaneously in the background thereby using up the battery.

Tap the app killer a few times a day to close any unwanted apps / programs that are running.

Task Killers... The Answer from Google & Developers. - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum