Best way to get ringtones & Color Note files from old to new phone?

DaveTheRave

Reaction score
I recently upgraded from Razr Maxx to Galaxy S8. Everything has been transferred over except 1) ringtones, and 2) files from the Color Note app.

I was considering all the ways to move the ring tones. The most direct (in my mind) of copying them from old phone to PC, then copying back to new phone via USB cable won't work, because the software is not being recognized by my PC (which is about to be replaced as well). I'm sure there are apps that could do this, but I had a thought... Would the app Zedge have access to all the previous Droid ringtones that I liked?

Regarding Color Notes... Any ideas? My brute force method? Re-write all notes by hand. :(

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Color Notes records should sync if you are using the same email account signed into the app on both phones and if Sync was turned On.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Smith 001

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung s7 edge
Did you use the S-Change app?

OP
DaveTheRave

DaveTheRave

Reaction score
I don't recall signing in with Color Notes. Just tried, and it doesn't recognize the email. Maybe I'll try logging in on the other phone, set up account, then backup, then resync on the new phone.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I can't remember if an email was required when first using Color Notes? I have been using it for about 5 years, and always sign into the online backup & sync feature with the same email address. I've had numerous notes in the app for years and all data always syncs to any new phone, and my tablet as long as I sign in with the same email address. Your plan should work if you didn't factory reset the old phone, setup a sync account on the old phone and get all data synced to their cloud. Then sign into Color Notes with the same email account on your new phone and sync all your app data. Hope it works out that simple for you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk