Best way to get Droid X?

accellpo

Reaction score
I share everyone's excitement - the Droid X is gonna be one VERY cool phone. *BUT*, if a way isn't found to root it, and install custom Roms, like the Moto-Droid, it's gonna put a severe cramp in the excitement factor for all of us.

-Mike

It will be rooted like every other Android phone that's ever came out! No doubt!

illoosionz

Reaction score
I pre-ordered mine at BestBuy...later in the day i realized my friend owns a verizon store (franchise), so i quickly called him and told him the situation with BB. He assured me that he will contact me as soon as they get in, just in case BB doesnt get enough, ill just go to his store. I shop at BB anyways so the $50 gift card will not go to waste!

OP
N

Nasteee

Reaction score
I got in the line 2 hours before Verizon opened. I was number 1 in line. Other people showed up about 45 minutes before they opened. The line was about 30ppl deep at opening time. WHOOOHOOO! Got the Droid X!

ewells2420

Reaction score
I got in the line 2 hours before Verizon opened. I was number 1 in line. Other people showed up about 45 minutes before they opened. The line was about 30ppl deep at opening time. WHOOOHOOO! Got the Droid X!

I hate you and anyone else who got the X today lol. Mine is comming tomorrow via fedex overnight.

Cathbad

Reaction score
Another day.

Verizon sent some out today so I won't get mine until tomorrow. But I won't have to stand in line in the heat.
In fact I couldn't. I have no tolerance for heat and am far to lazy to stand in a long line.:)

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I share everyone's excitement - the Droid X is gonna be one VERY cool phone. *BUT*, if a way isn't found to root it, and install custom Roms, like the Moto-Droid, it's gonna put a severe cramp in the excitement factor for all of us.

-Mike

It will be rooted like every other Android phone that's ever came out! No doubt!

Well, the Droid X has a locked bootloader.So custom ROMS will probably never come to the Droid X.As for rooting, i doubt it.Plus if any modifications are made to the phone, it will become bricked.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Best way to get a Droid X is in a pine box. This way you can bury this dead handset before you even open it.