best way to do this?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jbrock98, May 18, 2010.

1. jbrock98

jbrock98 New Member

i just rooted and am going thru the different themes on the team chaos redrum rom, I'm going back to the naked rom instead doing theme on theme, never wiping, finding out what I like and backing it up ONLY if like, and I have more back ups than I need right now, I only need (if I'm wrong about only needing these few backups let me know) my first nandroidback up I did when I first rooted, and the stock 2.1 w/ root backup and the back up of the naked red rum, and I was stupid and only have the stock w/root and naked red rum named, I have 5 or 6 backups so I wanna find my first back up i did w/sprecovery, so if I go thru my back ups restoring them and find my first nandroid backup when I used SPRecovery, it'll unroot me right? Then I just need to rename it and delete the other back ups I don't want ,......so to get back to root I just need to flash my stock2.1w/root or my nakedTeamChaosv1.3 right?...
    my question in all this is, is this the best way too do this?
  2. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

Youre first backup probably wont unroot you since IIRC youre rooted in two places:

1. the recovery menu
    2. in the OS itself via the SU app

If you want to easily unroot and switch roms I recommend buy rom manager, theres a stock rom available that will easily allow you to unroot, not to mention the other 8 or so roms that are available for download and installation directly via the app itself.
  3. jbrock98

jbrock98 New Member

Yeah i bought that very nice app I've had it for a week and went thru all team chaos and now I'm on jrummy, got my favorites backedup and I've only been thur two dev's this flashing rom thing is addictive now I just gotta read and learn up aba or whatever for advanced users sounds interesting