Best Way to Clean Up "Phone Contacts?"

Smokeyham

Reaction score
I had a nice list of contacts which I brought in from my previous phone. It was a relatively simple/short list of people I need to call.

I then set up my D2G, and linked it to contacts on my Outlook, which is fine except that I somehow managed to copy all of the contacts which are in Outlook into my "Phone Contacts" list.

Now when I am in contacts, use show/hide and uncheck my Outlook Contacts, I still get a long list of contacts when I go to "Phone Contacts". :(

So, any suggestions for how I can clean up my "Phone Contacts" list so it is the nice short list I used to have? I am quite willing to spend the time manually deletng records, but would rather do this on a computer than on the phone, so can I get into the "phone contact" list?

Alternatively, I still have my phone contacts on an SD card on my old phone, so if I could delete all contacts in my "Phone Contacts" list, then I could presumably just import the ones from the old card?

Thanks for any ideas!

pool_shark

Reaction score
Yes you can import your contacts from your SDcard.
Open the contacts app- menu- more, import/export.

OP
S

Smokeyham

Reaction score
Yes you can import your contacts from your SDcard.
Open the contacts app- menu- more, import/export.

Thanks... I ended up spending an evening hassling with this, and used the Verizon BackUp Assistant to help clean some of this up.