Best way to "clean" the droid.

Big D

Reaction score
I've had mine for about 9 mos or so and was looking to try and get rid of the stuff the phone accumulates that we just don't need. Invalid extensions, unused files etc.

I understand that a data/cache wipe is one way. Is there a specific way to do this?

I'm running BB 0.4 and I'm about to install Indigo Glass. I was hoping to start over fresh with the droid.

I have Titanium Backup and Rom Manager. Will a quick backup with one of those save all of my essential data? If not, how do I save the good stuff and not the bad?

Thanks, all.

OP
B

Big D

Reaction score
Nothin'?

You know....."clean" your Droid?

eliassami5

Reaction score
ummm lol whats the reason for this? I guess you can format your SD card then wipe cache, but it you wont be able to tell the difference. To clear cache turn your phone off and boot into recovery by holding X and the power button at the same time till whatever recovery you have shows up, then scroll down to clear data and cache.

make sure to save all the files you wanna save off your SD card before you format it, like recovery images and pictures...etc.

superglen99

Reaction score
I do this with almost every new Rom. just use titanium backup to back up all your apps then reboot into recovers and wipe data and cache. then you can re install titanum and all your apps and your good to go.