Best way to acquire a Nexus

???

Reaction score
addisontodd said:
Wait so the SIM is a still a Verizon LTE SIM, but it's a micro one? In other words buying one online results in my going to the store to get a SIM from Verizon, then?

or just call them and have them mail you one for free.

then activate it online with the instructions that come with it.

OP
addisontodd

addisontodd

Reaction score
Ah, gotcha. Didn't know I could do that. I'm just (understandably, I think) nervous they might try and jack my unlimited. ;-)

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ah, gotcha. Didn't know I could do that. I'm just (understandably, I think) nervous they might try and jack my unlimited. ;-)

As long as you don't buy it on upgrade at a subsidized price, they won't touch your unlimited.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

???

Reaction score
I just got my girl from her bolt to a nexus this weekend and she kept her unlimited.

OP
addisontodd

addisontodd

Reaction score
Have one on the way from a solid eBay seller and I have one last question; you think I could preemptively stop into a VZW store and get a micro SIM so that when it comes all I'll have to do is call from a different phone you activate it? If you can't tell, I'm not excited in the least. ;)

Sent from my Tweaked Droid Charge

Capone76

Reaction score
Congrats on the Nexus you will love it. The Verizon stores in my area will only give a sim card if you bring the phone into the store.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Don't think you can get a SIM card in advance. Doesn't hurt to go and ask though.

OP
addisontodd

addisontodd

Reaction score
It was mentioned that they could send me one; any idea what the time frame is?

OP
addisontodd

addisontodd

Reaction score
Ugh. That's a load of crap. lol guess I'll try and call now and have them send me one.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
addisontodd said:
Ugh. That's a load of crap. lol guess I'll try and call now and have them send me one.

Just take the phone in when you get it say I need it activated on my line with a sim card. They give you the card free and they'll even activate it. This happened this past week with my buddy and his RAZR maxx I got him.

BleedingEdge

Reaction score
Not sure if you've pulled the trigger yet. If not, when you go to the vzw store for your new SIM, ask for an adapter to allow you to swap the SIM between your Nexus and your Charge. It (the Charge) probably has a standard size LTE SIM which is physically larger than the Nexus SIM card. It's kind of like a Micro-SD to SD card adapter. With the adapter, you can use the SIM in either phone after rebooting with the SIM installed.