Best Video Playback App??

Thanassi44

Reaction score
I've done some searching on this but can't seem to come to any definitive conclusions. What is the general consensus out there? I had downloaded one of the more popular apps (Act 1) when I first bought the phone but it was buggy so I got rid of it. I want something with a bit more features than the stock app.

cisco0910

Reaction score
I posted a thread similar with no responce. Hopefully you get better luck because I want an app that does video editing. Iphone has a nice video editing app and I can't stand telling her, oh I can't do that. Lol

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is one called cinema. It doesn't come with a pretty seek bar but if you wipe your hand to the left or right it will seek. It seems to be better then the stock with syncing voice and picture together.

cb2000a

Reaction score
Act1 works great on my DROID. They did some updates for the DROID recently (D-pad controls).

coolkidd

Reaction score
been using Meridian since day 1 and I have never had problems with it.... I'll try using ACT 1 and see if there is any difference.

moot

Reaction score
Act 1 is good, but I would really prefer controls on screen, when tapped (instead of just pausing), such as seek, and vol. control, fast forward, etc, instead of having to go in to the menu button. You know, kind of like how ipods have that UI come up, when touched.

Is this possible?

JLCollier2005

Reaction score
I've messed with a lot of the video players and they all offer different features (Act 1 having more features than most, but lacking the main thing I needed) and then I ran across cinema. If you have a lot of movies and/or series on your phone, then navigating thru the standard Gallery is difficult to use to find exactly what you're looking for, but Cinema is text based and, most importantly, you can stop what you're watching, exit out, do anything else, then go back and not lose your place. This is important to me because most of the time I'm watching videos on my phone, I might only be able to watch 10 minutes before I have to do something else. I know New2u mentioned it and I wanted to expand on what he said.

The down side of Cinema is that you can't set it as default player, so you have to use it to navigate through the movies..plus it doesn't have a seek bar, but I think the way it works is more accurate than most others...no editing or anything like that either.

Hope this helps!

PatrickJ

Reaction score
I've messed with a lot of the video players and they all offer different features (Act 1 having more features than most, but lacking the main thing I needed) and then I ran across cinema. If you have a lot of movies and/or series on your phone, then navigating thru the standard Gallery is difficult to use to find exactly what you're looking for, but Cinema is text based and, most importantly, you can stop what you're watching, exit out, do anything else, then go back and not lose your place. This is important to me because most of the time I'm watching videos on my phone, I might only be able to watch 10 minutes before I have to do something else. I know New2u mentioned it and I wanted to expand on what he said.

Hope this helps!

Act 1 does the same...memory place.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
dvd catalyst converts all my videos to mp4 mv4 and i just watch them on the gallery

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just downloaded Both Act 1 and Meridian. I prefer Meridian to Act1 it handed both Video and Music with a built in ID3 tag editor. I am going to uninstall Act1 and stick with Meridian. it DOES have a seek bar which you can hide

-=Jason=-