1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Best update method from BB v1.0 (Android 2.1) to v.4?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by wernst, Aug 10, 2010.

1. wernst

wernst New Member

All,

OK, so I've been busy with a big project for the past two months, and my Droid is happily running along with Bugless Beast 1.0, which is, of course, Android 2.1.

I've run through 4 pages of posts and many pages of the BB.4 thread, and it isn't too clear what someone running my old version of BB should do to upgrade to the current version.

So, it is as simple as copying the BB.4 file to my sdcard, renaming it to update.zip, booting into ClockworkMod Recovery, wiping the memory/cache two or three times, and then performing the update?

I still need to backup my apps and data with Titanium first, and then do a restore after installing BB.4, right?

Any other tricks?

Or is just letting ROM Manager download and install .4 the smart thing to do?

Thanks,
    Warr
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  2. elstano2k7

elstano2k7 New Member

Honestly, how many applications were you needing to back up... I found just removing any back up applications... And letting market do the work for me... The less crap you have installed the better your phone will perform. Phone has everything you need installed. Also recommend going to pain partition menu, and format, boot, system, data, cache, and go into advanced and format dalvik, assuming its a option. But since your not froyo, may not be.
  3. wernst

wernst New Member

Well, I have tons of apps and associated data, and I have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to partitioning the sdcard.

-Warr
  4. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

Those steps are exactly right,for CW u don't have to rename. Don't use Rom Manager it has Froyo issues.

and don't restore apps until the market finishes syncing. It will restore your free apps automatically, not data.

after it boots the 1st time, sign into google account and put it down and wait till you get a notification saying your apps were restored could take a while, use wifi if avalible.
  5. wernst

wernst New Member

Thanks for the tips. It all seemed to work just fine.

I'm sure BB .5 will be out within 30 minutes, now that I've done this. ;-)

-Warr