Whats the best one to use? Not sure which to go with

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
What were you looking for, froyo or gingerbread? There are links to the most recent of both in this section.

However, I will warn you: development has stopped for UD since the dev went MIA quite a few months back now. Many of the tweaks in the menus will no longer work since they relied on UD servers which have also been down for a while.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
My favorite is 3.3.1. Very stable, and has the most recent features before BD's mysterious disappearance.

OP
cfhmetal

cfhmetal

Reaction score
Ok cool...n froyo..not gb...well since theres no more dev for ud anymore...what rom(s) would u recomend? i know its off topic..but eh

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Just flashed CushZero a few days ago. It's a GB rom, but definitely my favorite as it runs smooth and is the only one that works on my phone so far...

EDIT: Oh, and I've tried just about every rom available for the D1.

Pleirosei

Reaction score
Ok cool...n froyo..not gb...well since theres no more dev for ud anymore...what rom(s) would u recomend? i know its off topic..but eh

Pe4.2 or ud 2.5 I would say. Pe I just started running and is running super solid. No issues

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
If you want a Froyo ROM that is still in development then I would check out Droid Concepts. At least I think they are still working on it, I have been out of the D1 game for while now.

I do second PE4.2 though, that is a sweet ROM.

TheIceCable

Reaction score
If you are looking for a froyo rom, then Droid Concepts or Sorcery ran perfect on my d1. DC is still supported, sorcery isn't but it's still a rock solid rom. If you want Gingerbread, well, I've been running Simply Stunning 5.5 for almost a month with zero issues.

This message was brought to you by a rooted, supercharged, simply stunning OG Droid; and by viewers like you.

OP
cfhmetal

cfhmetal

Reaction score
Thanx for all the suggestions...I'm liking Droid concepts...I think I'm gonna check out the gb rom simply stunning now..read good things about it..n b-boy has a few themes for it...n he makes good stuff

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
did BD leave ANY excuse for his random dissapearence? i liked UD a lot and then poof he just left!

Yes and no. If you remember a while back, I think in April or so, there was some nasty flooding (I forget where he was specifically). Well he was effected and after that no one has heard from him. There was never any indication he was done deving, just disappeared.

zachdroid

Reaction score
From what I understand there was a huge falling out amongst developers and I don't the BD does it anymore. I don't think he's welcome here. I could be wrong. Might be good to Google it.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
From what I understand there was a huge falling out amongst developers and I don't the BD does it anymore. I don't think he's welcome here. I could be wrong. Might be good to Google it.

Even if "he wasn't welcome here," he would still dev if he wanted to on his own site. Either way, I don't believe that's the case. I don't really think that's fair for you to say anyways. He was a great developer despite all the drama...

Let's just not go there.

zachdroid

Reaction score
Not saying anything bad abouot the developer. Please don't misconstrue my words. He was a good developer. I frequented his roms. I'm only reporting what I read. Possibly incomplete as I could not find the whole story. But thanks for going on the defensive. I Google bd not long ago. His site showed app development but I didn't see rom development.