Best type kernel for psx4droid?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by drpaul07, Aug 22, 2010.

1. drpaul07

drpaul07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running stock rooted froyo with chevys LV 1.2GHz kernel, and everything runs great. I normally run my phone at 800 or even just the stock 550, but when I wanna play some psx4droid, ill crank it up to 1.1GHz. Of course, after about 15 min, my phone gets pretty hot.

I was just wondering which kernel would work best as far as heat production when being pushed to the limit with game emulators. Does the voltage of kernels have an effect on cpu or battery temp? Or is it just battery life? My battery doesn't get that hot, its the cpu temp that bothers me sometimes..it'll get up to the low 60's. I've tried chevys uLV kernels but my phone doesn't like them (reboots). Any thoughts? Or am I just worrying for nothing?

Sent from my Droid

2. drpaul07

drpaul07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess what I'm asking is.. does voltage make a difference in cpu temp? Anyone?? Please?

Sent from my Droid

3. h4ckd

h4ckd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i use psx4droid all the time, and i have to say this is droid to droid specific. what i mean is i have tried every which way in terms of tweaking alot of different dev's kernels in hopes of finding the best solution to keeping the cpu cool and actually being able to play the game without massive lag in audio/framerate. and in terms of voltage, yes they have an effect of cpu temp just as overclocking does. you have to find that sweet spot, like you said your droid doesn't like uLV kernels, then try a standard voltage, or or medium, or even increasing voltage. my setup currently is slayher 1250LV, and when using psx4droid i toggle settings in setcpu as follows: o/c speed 1ghz, performance, or interactive (depending on the game i am playing), scaling mode "scaled", and framerate set to 40. this has worked out for me, although at extended periods of time i will be up in the 140's, which is hot, but thats only on certain games. to conclude my rambling, you have to test this out for yourself, because there is so many kernel/rom combos, just find the one that works for you by testing each one out on psx4droid. but in general, anywhere from 900mhz to 1.1ghz, setcpu set to performance or interactive(slayher kernel) should play most anything, even games like parasite eve, ff7-9, and games requiring alot of cpu processing. hope this helps. dancedroid

Search tags for this page

best setting for psx4droid