Best "THIN" case for D2

Droid2Chupacabra

Reaction score
Hey guys, new D2 user. I like the phone and I want to be able to protect it without adding to the weight or size. Are there any relatively thin cases that are strong in quality? I'm just looking for some protection against the little bumps and drops that occur with all phones. Any recommendations are GREATLY appreciated.

bobby_v

Reaction score
I'm using the clear plastic case that is available in the Verizon stores with my Droid 2. It's not too bulky and doesn't get stuck in my pocket.

bobby_v

Reaction score
No problem. I can even use this case with the motorola multimedia dock.

amn70

Reaction score
Before buying it from the VZ store check Ebay. I have a clear plastic case I got on Ebay for $2.99 shipped that fits perfect. I was quite surprised it fits as well as it does. Even the half that fits screen holds real well which I didn't expect. That sucker isn't going anywhere. For some reason the seller has it now listed at $3.59 shipped but still a good deal. Since it comes from Hong Kong it took about 10 days to arrive if you are willing to wait.

NEW CLEAR CRYSTAL CASE COVER FOR MOTOROLA DROID 2 A955 - eBay (item 180546460131 end time Sep-11-10 19:22:47 PDT)

Lithoss

Reaction score
Before buying it from the VZ store check Ebay. I have a clear plastic case I got on Ebay for $2.99 shipped that fits perfect. I was quite surprised it fits as well as it does. Even the half that fits screen holds real well which I didn't expect. That sucker isn't going anywhere. For some reason the seller has it now listed at $3.59 shipped no but still a good deal. Since it comes from Hong Kong it took about 10 days to arrive if you are willing to wait.

NEW CLEAR CRYSTAL CASE COVER FOR MOTOROLA DROID 2 A955 - eBay (item 180546460131 end time Sep-11-10 19:22:47 PDT)

I have the blue hard plastic case from the the verizon store. Im not too impressed with it... it fits nicely but rubs when u open and close the keyboad. Im worried its putting stress on the sliding mechanism. It also doesn't fit the multimedia docking station either.
so the clear case doesn't have these problems?

amn70

Reaction score
No, the clear case I got on Ebay does not rub at all. I can't vouch for the quality control of what comes out of Hong Kong of course so whether the one you get would fit any different remains to be seen but I suspect it will be fine. For $3.50 I'd say give it a shot. Oh and I can't say whether it will fit in the multimedia docking station as I don't have a one but I suspect it won't.

Lithoss

Reaction score
Ok. Yup I just ordered one.
Only reason I ask re the docking station is because bobby mentioned his fits.
For anyone interested the blue vzw case also has a bulge in the back for maybe a larger battery? Or maybe its for battery cooling? Either way it also adds a fair bit of bulk. :s

bobby_v

Reaction score
Mine is in the case and sitting in the dock playing music as I type this . . . no complaints from me.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I have the case/holster combo from Verizon. It has the swivel belt clip, I have no desire to keep my phone in my pocket.

HueyGuns

Reaction score
I bought the black Body Glove case from Verizon. Not bad but it did make using the Qwerty key board difficult with my fat fingers. Have since removed the case and installed the Zagg protection. So far so good but am in the market for a protective case......