1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Best Task Manager?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Lynx, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Lynx

Lynx New Member

Just wondering what task manager people use. I know people say they arent needed but I would like to experiment with some to see if I notice a difference in performance and battery life.

*Edit 1: I am on the HTC Incredible and I am not rooted*
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  2. ecsnead69

ecsnead69 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I like SystemPanel. Its on the market. You can actually see the cpu use for each app, see temps for cpu and battery, make app backups to sd and several other things along with task killing. You have to be rooted but I really like it.....
  3. Lynx

Lynx New Member

I am not rooted... I updated my original post to reflect that. Are you sure you need to be rooted to use it?
  4. RighteousAura

RighteousAura New Member

I like using Astro's process manager, works great... If you already have astro installed you might as well use it.
  5. emlan

emlan New Member

I'm using SystemPanel on a stock Droid and all features that I've had a use for seem to work just fine. I would agree with this recommendation and suggest giving it a try.
  6. Lynx

Lynx New Member

You cant set a time interval for system panel can you? I count find it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  7. emlan

emlan New Member

Are you talking about the real time monitoring feature? If so, the information stores in 15 min increments, but there is no way to automatically have it stop monitor after x amount of time (not that I could find at least). You can manually start and stop it whenever you like.

I hope this answers the question.
  8. circsmonky

circsmonky Premium Member Premium Member

Task Tray. its really just an app switcher but you can manually kill apps from it too. long press the search button to open, can also be set as camera button.
  9. Lynx

Lynx New Member

No I mean that it kills the apps ever 15, 30, or 60 minutes.
  10. jarby

jarby New Member

why would you want to kill apps like that? Just because they're 'running' on the OS, doesn't mean they're sucking up any battery life. They sit in an inactive cache without using any computer or memory unless you are actually using them....

I'm confused.
  11. phaze3131

phaze3131 New Member

My phone is horrifically slow after it boots up and loads like 23 apps, if I don't kill them the phone goes sooooo slowwww.
  12. jarby

jarby New Member

System Panel might be of your best interest. You can exclude what you want and then hit an 'end all' button. Maybe do it once when your phone boots and let it go from there. If an app reboots, just let it go. That's just my suggestion. But I don't know of any app that kills in intervals.

There must be something on your phone slowing it down. I was having the same problem. I had to wipe it clean of apps and then slowly add them back on to see what it was that was slowing my phone and draining my battery. I narrowed it down to Fancy Widget. But that's just my phone. Every phone is different! :)

Also, check out Android System Info....you can manually kill tasks if you're interested.

This may be a stupid question, but do you clean your cache's, etc. ?
  13. dmo580

dmo580 New Member

I've seen Speedtest fail on the stupid GPS acquisition because most Telus Milestones come with a Telus SUPL server which is behidn a firewall. As a result your A-GPS will suck balls and will almost never lock indoors, and even if you do it's after 5 minutes outdoors. It's real bad. Yeah, Speedtest doesnt have a close button and kept trying to find a GPS signal indoors. Sucked my battery out in 30 minutes. Not funny.

Sometimes you need a CTRL+ALT+DEL. Do you need it everyday? Probably not. Will it come in handy once in a while? You bet.
  14. Doombot

Doombot New Member

I think you mean Ctrl+Shift+Esc