Best task manager for D2?

Blkandrust

Reaction score
I tried a task manager earlier today but was unimpressed with it.Un-installed it after I found it doesnt play nice with 2.2...What are some of your faves?

pool_shark

Reaction score
Most will tell you that no task manager should be used on 2.2.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
The best task manager is the Android OS, in my opinion!

OP
B

Blkandrust

Reaction score
Ok.The only reason I ask is because I was talking to a friend at the gym last night who has a D1.He asked about the battery life on my D2.I told him it was ok,that I need to car charge it once a day while working.He told me about afforementioned Task Manager.It now makes sense as i've heard D1 batt life is awful..

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It seems a lot of people are misinformed about task killers, even Google advises against it

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The floor model Fascinate at my local VZW already had ATK installed

Reaction score
The floor model Fascinate at my local VZW already had ATK installed

Prob cause for whatever reason like every rep thinks you need a task manager with your new android phone. Ever notice when a new phone drops all the threads about task killers and so many say their rep who sold thme the phone installed it and said they needed it.

pool_shark

Reaction score
At least 3 Verizon guys told a guy in another thread that the D2 can't assign ringtones per contact.
They aren't very well informed.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
But the Verizon guy says I need one. :D

That same Verizon guy would probably want you to get the latest phone and drop what you have, even if the latest phone is 2 weeks newer than the one you have now. :)

To the OP; take a look at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html especially the video.

As for the D1 and battery, I got 16 hours from 100% to 20% without any effort like turning off GPS or changing updates. Then I charged it for the next day. Didn't seem terrible to me. Of course my old Voyager lasted almost a week, but that's another phone altogether.