Best solution for MySpace?

iceisles

Reaction score
Hey all - I received my Droid yesterday and absolutely love it. Unfortunately, I am having lots of problems using MySpace. In particular, I an unable to send anyone a message. The 'subject' field works fine, but I can't seem to get the 'body' field to accept my text. I have tried the Droid Browser, as well as Dolphin and the mini Opera Beta, all with the same result.

The MySpace mobile site works fairly well, but lacks the ability to "browse people", which is what I'm looking to do. As such, I'd like to use the full/actual site and be able to browse people, add new friends, etc., much like one would do if he/she were on a PC.

Is there any solution to make MySpace work better on the Droid, or am I out of luck until there are some flash updates, etc? I appreciate your help.

eliassami5

Reaction score
Hey all - I received my Droid yesterday and absolutely love it. Unfortunately, I am having lots of problems using MySpace. In particular, I an unable to send anyone a message. The 'subject' field works fine, but I can't seem to get the 'body' field to accept my text. I have tried the Droid Browser, as well as Dolphin and the mini Opera Beta, all with the same result.

The MySpace mobile site works fairly well, but lacks the ability to "browse people", which is what I'm looking to do. As such, I'd like to use the full/actual site and be able to browse people, add new friends, etc., much like one would do if he/she were on a PC.

Is there any solution to make MySpace work better on the Droid, or am I out of luck until there are some flash updates, etc? I appreciate your help.

your problem lies with the myspace website then not the DROID. But to view the full site and not the mobile version then there should be a button at the bottom of the page that says "full site".

OP
I

iceisles

Reaction score
Hi Eliassami - I can pull up the full site with no problem. However, when I do, I have the aforementioned problem of being unable to e-mail anyone. It seemy my choices are to either a) Email existing friends only via the Mobile page or b) View (but be unable to e-mail) others with the full site. I know there's a variety of browsers in the marketplace, and if anyone can suggest one that allows all the text fields to be functional, that would be tremendous help.

eliassami5

Reaction score
Hi Eliassami - I can pull up the full site with no problem. However, when I do, I have the aforementioned problem of being unable to e-mail anyone. It seemy my choices are to either a) Email existing friends only via the Mobile page or b) View (but be unable to e-mail) others with the full site. I know there's a variety of browsers in the marketplace, and if anyone can suggest one that allows all the text fields to be functional, that would be tremendous help.

i dont know how to help you there since i dont use myspace, but try xscope browser, if that dosent work try downloading the myspace app from the market

OP
I

iceisles

Reaction score

i dont know how to help you there since i dont use myspace, but try xscope browser, if that dosent work try downloading the myspace app from the market

I'll definitely try those ideas. I suspect it's the MySpace site not playing nice. Facebook works tons better, although clearly not without its own flaws.