Best SMS App?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
This must be new or only tablet related because you've always had to have data enabled to be able to view MMS messages while on WiFi, with Verizon "Smartphones". (regardless of the messaging app you're using)

S5 tap'n
I think it may be new. I don't think it's tablet related bc it works for me on wifi-only when my tablet is off.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

Reactions: cr6

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Am I the only one who like vz messaging+?
No, I like it too. I used to use Handcent for years but with all the ads it became ridiculous. vz messaging+ serves all of my needs. Perhaps we are missing something that Textra offers. I don't know.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
No, I like it too. I used to use Handcent for years but with all the ads it became ridiculous. vz messaging+ serves all of my needs. Perhaps we are missing something that Textra offers. I don't know.

Am I the only one who like vz messaging+?
I used it up until a few weeks ago. I think I took an update and after that it was VERY unreliable for sending and receiving messages. Mainly I wouldn't receive them. With my job it's imperative that I get messages so I had to stop using it. I love the way you can scroll through just mms pics from contacts. That is a great feature.

Note 4tified

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I simply refuse to even consider any preinstalled Verizon apps. ;)
I have to admit that I use the Verizon visual voicemail and the My Verizon pre-installed apps. Verizon Message+ I installed and use bc you can sync with your tablet and get mms over wifi. I wonder if Verizon Message is now being pre-installed on the newer devices?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Oh, yes VVM didn't count. I've been jealous of iPhones for years because of that feature. Heck yes I use that.
I don't need my VM's transcribed however. That's just too nerdy even for me. ;)

Tap'n Turbo

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
No, I just get the list of voicemail. No way I'm paying for a stupid subscription. I do also use Google Voice.