Best sms app?

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Recently had to factory reset my phone because I couldn't send or receive mms and verizon couldn't figure out why.
had handscent installed and am leary of putting it back on don't know if that caused the problem? Really like being able to customize individual contacts so I know who's texting me before I have too look at the phone and miss it. Think handscent is safe or another sms app?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Go SMS, Chomp SMS
I don't really know bc i use stock

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
[ ] Motorola Droid 2: CyanogenMod 7
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.2.2

Oaklands

Reaction score
Been using GOsms for a while and like it. No issues on old D1 or my razr

tattedupboy

Reaction score
I've used them all, and Go SMS is by far the best.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

Axium

Reaction score
i love gosms with the exception that it seems to upload your pics to somewhere to send them as opposed to directly sending them thru mms or something :| handcent now...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I've also used several of them, and GoSMS and Handcent are pretty tied. Each could be argued it's more customizable than the other and otherwise I didn't notice much of a difference between the two. Both reliable, both adjustable, both have pop ups, and both don't take much to run. If you use GoLauncher just use GoSMS to complete the package. Or use Handcent. You'll be satisfied with both.

OP
lisalisa13

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Looks like GO wins, gonna give it a shot...don't remember how to disable stock browser so I dont get multiple texts, help please

OP
lisalisa13

lisalisa13

Reaction score
When I opened GO for the first time it asked if I wanted stock browser turned off so I think it did it for me, we'll see soon enough